• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They look great to me not sure which bit is banana shaped
    PSN Ecossy93

Visit Jensen's Toys & Gifts Website
    http://jensenhullbmx.weebly.com/

Comment

• "A" shows the spoke section is very much a parabola or maybe even two flat faces with a radius.

"B" for banana.

"C" Also curved
      Attached Files
      Cheers
      John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

• I took the liberty of sketching in a more generous radius to the upper left opening.

The chrome looks great, can I have a rendering in black chrome and anthracite viewing from perpendicular to the face.

I wonder what it would cost to have the cars original designer to do the shape for 18" ?
        Attached Files
        Cheers
        John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

• I think the original wheel's spoke is wider at the rim than at the hub i.e. it flares out. The 18's spoke looks to be straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsa View Post
            I took the liberty of sketching in a more generous radius to the upper left opening.
            John, once again you're of great help to this hobby project. All the areas you mentioned (a, b, c) deserve some further attention, but we run against the limits of the possibilities of Solidworks unfortunately. So I'm looking for a 3Dstudio artist that can do the job.

Originally posted by jsa View Post
            The chrome looks great, can I have a rendering in black chrome and anthracite viewing from perpendicular to the face.
            Here you go - in dark anthracite. Black chrome didn't work out.

Originally posted by jsa View Post
            I wonder what it would cost to have the cars original designer to do the shape for 18" ?
            Me too - apparently he is now some kind of hot-shot director of an OEM. Don't think he comes out of his bed for under 1000 quid a day.
            18x9J inch delivered! New (and probably last) batch being produced as we speak - se posts here

Comment

• Originally posted by VADreamer View Post
              I think the original wheel's spoke is wider at the rim than at the hub i.e. it flares out. The 18's spoke looks to be straight.
              True, but only at the very end. Also a thing we didn't get right with Solidworks. Needs to be done in 3Dstudio. Great comments guys, keep it coming, the wheel gets better and better.
              18x9J inch delivered! New (and probably last) batch being produced as we speak - se posts here

Comment

• I they look OK as they are
                PSN Ecossy93

Visit Jensen's Toys & Gifts Website
                http://jensenhullbmx.weebly.com/

Comment

• I think widening spokes would look better also as it gives the affect of a deeper looking dish

Comment

• Originally posted by mikedaf2 View Post
                    I think widening spokes would look better also as it gives the affect of a deeper looking dish
                    Hello,
                    Would the spokes need to be proportionality wider to the larger diameter? To have the same appearance of the 16" wheels? If the dimensions off the Ford drawing are taken they will definitely look thinner due to the increase in diameter - in my opinion.
                    I appreciate what effort all this takes and only want to offer positive constructive advice. Will you get to see a resin mould off the lower core of the wheel die? This will be key before you start to produce in aluminium and could be painted in exact paint to give you an idea of the quality of the form polishing.
                    Sorry for the detailed questions, I used to make alloy wheel dies and am a bit of a nerd for details.
                    Apologies if this has already been discussed in the many many pages of this link.
                    Thanks
                    James

Comment

• Got my disk size wrong !!

Just been and looked at the box and the disc are 356 and the calipers are CP5555.

Can someone confirm that these wheels will fit over these brakes

Comment

• Me too - apparently he is now some kind of hot-shot director of an OEM. Don't think he comes out of his bed for under 1000 quid a day.

@ RSCOSWORTHMAN He's called Steve Harper and lives down here in Paignton, definitely not a OEM director, although he still designing cars. You can contact him via his company email. He originally drew the car with 18" wheels and Ford said no.

http://www.shado.co.uk/contact/

Jase
                        1996 Aubergine T36 Turbo Technics hybrid M.A.Developments tuned

Comment

• Originally posted by PAUL V View Post
                          Got my disk size wrong !!

Just been and looked at the box and the disc are 356 and the calipers are CP5555.

Can someone confirm that these wheels will fit over these brakes

Yes they will

Comment

• Originally posted by redrsmk5 View Post
                            Yes they will
                            Thanks

Please put me down for 5 with centre caps please

Comment

• Originally posted by PAUL V View Post
                              ... the calipers are CP5555. Can someone confirm that these wheels will fit over these brakes
                              Originally posted by redrsmk5 View Post
                              Yes they will
                              So already answered by redrsmk5 and here is the evidence:

Update process: we are currently working on the design to incorporate all feedback.

Updated list: 53 of us who want a set (4 wheels + 4 centercaps unless mentioned otherwise)[/B]
                              • abes36
                              • Adamski
                              • AGAR
                              • B4RLO
                              • Barney Gumble
                              • b0bbyb0y
                              • broome
                              • cossey man75
                              • cossyking
                              • Cossieboy599
                              • cossie dunc
                              • Cossiemat
                              • CossieTrev
                              • Dave (set of 5)
                              • devil (set of 5)
                              • frst silver
                              • Fizziani
                              • georgie1
                              • grcossie
                              • Harryrs
                              • Jamie Young (set of 5)
                              • jsa / John set of 5 shipped directly to ossie land (if they're skimmable to ET25)
                              • Koo (set of 5)
                              • L953LNE
                              • Manoj
                              • Mark B (set of 5)
                              • Mark Barber
                              • Mark King (set of 5)
                              • mart-rs
                              • Mickeystewart
                              • miggs cosworth
                              • mikedaf2
                              • normink
                              • nbb397
                              • nats
                              • ossie cossie (5 shipped directly to ossieland)
                              • PAUL V (set of 5)
                              • POLARIS ESCOS
                              • rs slim
                              • rscosworthman (set of 5)
                              • RSCORT (set of 5)
                              • RSWORTH
                              • scotram
                              • sebbo
                              • SHaDoWLanDZ
                              • SMP (set of 5 to Northern Ireland)
                              • so cossie
                              • Steve mr375
                              • Stu
                              • tonicosworth (4 extra centercaps)
                              • Thombs
                              • Wesley P. (shipment to USA)
                              • Wobbers

Product spec:
                              • Set of 4 or 5 wheels including centercaps w/o ford logo
                              • Design same as previous 18 inch but deeper dish (as far as possible)
                              • 18 x 9 inch ET 20 (still checking if I can make them skimmable to ET25)
                              • Clearance for 362mm 6-pot AP brakes (378mm will not fit)
                              • Ford original aluminum alloy and hardening method
                              • Ford original 6-layer paint system, silver metallic
                              • Individual quality control per wheel afterwards
                              • Target price 270 USD per wheel including everything except UK postage. So a set of 5 wheels at the rate of 9/11 (1.54) is 876 GBP.
                              • Timing: hopefully EOY 2015, but could easily become early 2016. Quality first.

These forum members wanted a set if they would allow for larger brakes than 362, but unfortunately they don't:
                              • Spiritof’76
                              • KR54321

Comment

• excellent work and progress, do you know what sort of deposit you'd need off each person and when?

Comment

Working...
                                X