Fitting front suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting front suspension

Hi guys, I'm trying to get my front suspension on. Now everythings attached but I have a couple of issues that I just want to check, because I'm not sure if I've got it right or not.

1. I haven't done up the top strut nuts tight yet, but when you look at where the strut top fits up into the car/top plate, it doesn't seem central if that makes sense, the top of the strut it's more pointing towards the outside and not sitting central in the rubber that sits in the strut housing. Is that right? Everything else is on and looks about right.
    I did wonder if this will right itself once the car is on the ground?

2. When I put the lower arm into the hub and tightened the pinch bolt up (before putting the track rod in as obviously that attaches the steering rack) it feels quite stiff as you try and turn it left to right. Is that normal?

ps I'm fitting Konis and those slightly extended shafts if that helps.
    Cheers
    Trev.

i thought the car had to be on the ground before you tightened up the front shock

Comment

Maybe that's what it is George. I wonder if when it's put down it will slip into the right place.
      Cheers
      Trev.

Comment

Yep, you need car to sit on floor before you tighten everything up as per torque settings.

Scouse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X