Koni dampers + 18" speedlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koni dampers + 18" speedlines

It seems that my 8x18 ET15 Speedline Corse wheels don't fit the car without spacers because the touch the spring plateau from the koni dampers..

Any info on that??

Why do the original wheels with MORE ET (so they stick in more), don't touch the koni damper plateau?

have you got to big tires? or is it the rim that hits? on et15 it should be plenty place... also messure that you have et15, so its not a Wheel originaly et15, but modded to another et...
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

on the orig shocks the lower platform is higher up so its no problem,with konis they need modding like this

Comment

I've got 225/40/18 wheels so should fit..

Radman thanx.. that should be the problem then i think?

But will original wheels fit with ET25 then?

Comment

I need to go to the technical inspection, but with the speedline wheel on i can't go because i'm running with spacers.. so need modded dampers, original dampers or other wheel

Comment

By the way, i made a mistake, the speedline wheel is ET25 also.
            Same like the original, but still don't fit the koni-damper and the original wheel does fit without hitting it...

strange

Comment

This a picture without spacers and i cannot fully tighten them..

Comment

its because the 225/40r18 is to big, you should have the 35profile on them to get "same" as oe

Comment

Well goddamn

Is there any difference in performance/steering/... with 225-35? Apart from the car being a few milimeter lower

Comment

35 profile tire Will be allitle stiffer/harder since less wall to damp offcourse, but not much else compared to 40...

Comment

Ok cheers!!

Now i'm on the look for other dampers/shocks..

I don't want to change the tyre now as they are almost brand new...

So shocks is the only way.. Koni's give problems so what are the other options?

Comment

for me bilstein b6 is the only Choice... always prefered bilstein over most other no matter what car/model...

Comment

That's nice, the bilstein has other "spring platform" then Koni then (like on the picture of radman)

I mean in size

Comment

never had/heard of issue With bilsteins, so would belive they should be "better". also remember that the genuine wolf cosworths had the bilsteins

Comment

Nice!!

Thanx a lot for your input. Appriciate!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X