Ford transit connect question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford transit connect question

Now then chaps , I'm looking to buy a van, after having a 56 plate transit and it being a night mare I swore I'd buy a caddy or something not ford, however caddy a are out of my budget so I find myself looking towards a connect, I just need to know what to watch out for, I've read the tddi engine is better than the tdci engine? Is that right? Any info would be great as I've seen one advertised locally and would like to go look, but it's a tdci! Cheers folks
    one for the road?? ......
    sigpic

Fuel pumps, dual mass flywheels, egr valves (part of inlet manifold and 4 hours labour) wiring to alternator, apart from that they are like all other fords - good ones and bad ones

Comment

cheers matt, any truth in the tddi vs tdci rumour? this one I'm looking at has just had a clutch so that's good, done 133k which is a little high but ive had worse and not been an issue
      sigpic

Comment

Ive got a 90ps T200 Tcdi connect which i have had for several years and apart from the alternator and egr valve its been faultless and a great van.Is now on 90k, you can buy a egr blanking plate for a few quid and do away with it.
        sigpic

Thanks, Jamie

Comment

Caddy is crap... Connect is crap, French is crap, think of it they are all crap but in thats size i would have got the Connect... they have their issues, but not any more then any others... check for rust offcourse, since thats the main issue on all cars in the end...
          www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Tdci is more refined to drive 90 ps is a bit flat, tdci fuel pumps a lot cheaper to get repaired but not a lot of difference apart from that. If the egr has a lift sensor then blanking it off will bring the eml light on

Comment

nice one, ill give this guy a ring then and go have a look, can you get the 90ps turned up a little to make it more fun to drive, plan is to colour code it and get a set of alloys thrown on, nothing major, just want a nice looking van that's reasonably nippy
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by matt cooke View Post
                Tdci is more refined to drive 90 ps is a bit flat, tdci fuel pumps a lot cheaper to get repaired but not a lot of difference apart from that. If the egr has a lift sensor then blanking it off will bring the eml light on
                Find mine more than adequate for a van, it's not a cosworth after all. blanked the egr off no problem a couple of years ago. I had my bits all colour coded and the arches done in metallic grey looks spot on
                sigpic

Thanks, Jamie

Comment

Working...
                X