Alternative turbo heat shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative turbo heat shields

Hi, after having to take the turbo heat shield off for the first time I've decided I prefer the look of the engine bay without it. What alternatives are you lads using, pics would be nice [emoji1], cheers, Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you restore it, they will come ����

Big Turbo Escos & Evo Tommi Mak - finally finished

There's the melted paint on ya bonnet look if not careful

Comment

Nimbus plate and shape it to how you want also you can get a like blanket for the turbo exhaust snail

Comment

Originally posted by Cossieboy599 View Post
        Nimbus plate and shape it to how you want also you can get a like blanket for the turbo exhaust snail

Hmmmm that sounds good, got any photos kicking around ?

Comment

i hear blanket for the turbo exhaust overheat the turbo so not a good idea

Comment

I use the glueon heatshield around the turboarea, also be sure you dont burn wires and stuff Close by... so get som heat insulation over exposed wires++
            www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

I can never understand people doing this, I'm not knocking you at all but ford put these things there for a reason, especially that shield in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by redrsmk5 View Post
                I can never understand people doing this, I'm not knocking you at all but ford put these things there for a reason, especially that shield in particular.

For me it's an aesthetic thing plus the practical side of actually being able to view more of the engine etc... I know I need something to replace it obviously hence this thread

Comment

A bit of Nimbus heat shielding seems to do the trick and never had an issue with paint on bonnet.....sometimes worry about the bonnet vent as gets pretty hot but touchwood it hasn't melted yet so after all this time i don't reckon it's going to

The water tube that goes to the nearside screen washer used to melt all the time until i replaced it with some silicon tube which hasn't melted so far !

Comment

Lovely bay Jules
                    XYZ Fabrications
                    Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Originally posted by repsolcossie View Post
                      For me it's an aesthetic thing plus the practical side of actually being able to view more of the engine etc... I know I need something to replace it obviously hence this thread

Fair enough then i just personally think the bay looks a bit odd without one.

Comment

Originally posted by spiritof'76 View Post
                        A bit of Nimbus heat shielding seems to do the trick and never had an issue with paint on bonnet.....sometimes worry about the bonnet vent as gets pretty hot but touchwood it hasn't melted yet so after all this time i don't reckon it's going to

The water tube that goes to the nearside screen washer used to melt all the time until i replaced it with some silicon tube which hasn't melted so far !

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/q...pse87767d1.jpg

Very nice thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          Lovely bay Jules
                          Ta ! Bit busy but it's ok i guess..........don't spend that much time looking at it tbh lol.

Be nice to get all the hoses the same colour really, the one that runs across the belt cover is actually blue wrapped in black electrical tape lol

Comment

Alternative turbo heat shields

Originally posted by spiritof'76 View Post
                            Ta ! Bit busy but it's ok i guess..........don't spend that much time looking at it tbh lol.

Be nice to get all the hoses the same colour really, the one that runs across the belt cover is actually blue wrapped in black electrical tape lol

You think you've got issues? My engine bay is not the same colour as the car, I've got different coloured hoses and whoever fitted the updated rad and inter cooler was a hose securing zip tie genius [emoji33]

Comment

I did my own heat sheild not pretty but does the job
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X