Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bus lane Fines - Advice needed - Result got a refund!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus lane Fines - Advice needed - Result got a refund!!

Basicly just got 2 in the post totalling £120.

Stopped off in Swindon the other day at the outlet village and followed directions off the Sat Nav. This took us up the main road and left along a bus lane (didn't know this at the time) and then left again into the car park. Did our shopping then approx. one hour later exited the car park the same way we entered.

Got 2 letters in the post today picturing me driving my car in this so called lane at 2 different times on the same day.

I honestly didn't know I was driving down a bus lane as it looked like a normal road and stand by that it wasn't sign posted. I've been on google maps and noticed that the tarmac is red in these areas but the road only has 'Bus Lane' Marked on it

Are Swindon Council trying to make a quick buck?

Should I challenge this or do I not have a leg to stand on?

Any advice
    Last edited by RS Bowk; 14-11-2015, 09:02:26.
    sigpic

I believe if you get in contact with them & explain they may drop 1 of the fines they did this for a mate of mine in Bristol
    Worth a try fella

www.infinity-racing.co.uk www.spec-r.co.uk

Comment

Ive googled the area and they have some very small signs up saying buses only so I doubt I will get off both but believe I should have been fined twice in one day.

Gutted, If I knew they were taking my photo I would have smiled.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RS Bowk View Post
        Ive googled the area and they have some very small signs up saying buses only so I doubt I will get off both but believe I should have been fined twice in one day.

Gutted, If I knew they were taking my photo I would have smiled.

www.infinity-racing.co.uk www.spec-r.co.uk

Comment

Lmao i went in the bus lane in bath and was fined £60
          sigpic

Built by my self dp motorsport 700.6bhp 520ftlb efr9180 2.4bar m.a.d mapped flat out is the only way

Comment

There was a thing on the news recently about this, one bus lane in Glasgow has pulled in 3 million quid!!!

Maybe have a look on the http://popla.co.uk website if you think you've been unfairly fined.

Comment

the one in nottingham got me,i was coming back from rock city one morning around 2am and used my usual route then got a fine through the post because they had turned it into a pissin bus lane

Comment

Originally posted by simbo View Post
                There was a thing on the news recently about this, one bus lane in Glasgow has pulled in 3 million quid!!!

Maybe have a look on the http://popla.co.uk website if you think you've been unfairly fined.

Glasgow one got me, it was on a street that was easy to mistake it for a normal road

Comment

Originally posted by scotram View Post
                  Glasgow one got me, it was on a street that was easy to mistake it for a normal road
                  Same as what has happened to me. Did you get off it?
                  sigpic

Comment

money making scheme aint it. there is one by us where to turn left into a side street you kind of naturally cut the end off the lane by a couple of meters, they've had loads of folk doing it.

£60 for traveling 2 meters in a bus lane

Comment

Originally posted by RS Bowk View Post
                      Same as what has happened to me. Did you get off it?
                      I paid it as didn't think I would get anywhere with appeal as fine had pic of car driving over bus lane.
                      I think its worth a shot for you as you have two on the same street

Comment

Result. I paid both fines within the shortest period so it was £30 each as opposed to £60 each. I then appealed them at the same time stating that I felt it was unfair to be fined twice within a few hours.

Heard nothing for few weeks then today had a cheque and a letter saying they had refunded one of the fines.

sigpic

Comment

better than paying both.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Davecos 4x4 View Post
                            better than paying both.

Yep. I'm happy with that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Result Mark

Comment