Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here running bw7064 on 2wd saff

Hi people

Any one here running 7064 on a 2wd saff?

Im Having an engine built and when it goes in what needs to be done to the exhaust? I have a V band clamp and the converter for the exhaust pipe but is that enough? or does the down pipe need extending to reach the exhaust housing on the turbo.

Cheers si

You may need to extend it slightly but easy job and well worth it im running 2 of them awesome turbos
    sigpic
    Mapped by MAD 732.4 bhp 570 lbs torque
    Swindon RSOC Chairman/RS Combe organiser

Comment

Originally posted by cossyking View Post
      You may need to extend it slightly but easy job and well worth it im running 2 of them awesome turbos
      Hi Mark

Are you still on the 3 inch system?

Cheers si

Comment

What turbo you on with the 732.4bhp?

EFR91xx?

Exhaust system 3,5" i suppose

Comment

Hes on a 9180 mate
          sigpic

Built by my self dp motorsport 700.6bhp 520ftlb efr9180 2.4bar m.a.d mapped flat out is the only way

Comment

Nice nice!

Comment

If using the nortech manifold to go with the Borg Warner you need to weld approx 50mm onto the end of your down pipe on a 2wd, but all exhaust vary depending who made yours I'd wait til u have the turbo bolted up then measure it all.

Comment

Originally posted by lee2cossies View Post
                If using the nortech manifold to go with the Borg Warner you need to weld approx 50mm onto the end of your down pipe on a 2wd, but all exhaust vary depending who made yours I'd wait til u have the turbo bolted up then measure it all.

Cheers

Comment

I am currently rebuilding the engine of my 2WD Saph and want to go for a BW EFR turbo. Target is roughly 450-500 bhp. From what I read here and on other forums I will ideally need a 7064. I am just not too sure on the size of the exhaust housing. I would want to go twin scroll which only leaves me with a T4 flange (no big issue) and A/R size 1.05 ext WG or 0.92 int WG, but both these seem really big to me. What do you guys think?

Comment

The 7163 is offered with a 0.80 A/R T4 Twin Scroll internal WG and flows 60lbs of air (more than the 7064). If you're not in a hurry I should have some numbers in a month or so when mine is tuned. I'm on a 7163/0.85 A/R T25 single scroll, don't let the large A/R of the EFR's fool you they spool pretty quick, mine spools very similar (if not a bit quicker) to my old GT3071r.
                    “The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
                    ― Muhammad Ali

Comment

Thanks for the infos! I already read you can have bigger A/R on twin scroll applications. Everybody is praising the BW turbos and which model they have, but no one states the actual A/R size they have.
                      Not in a hurry atm as my engine is being rebuilt and first need to get a new loom done for the ECU.

Comment

i HAVE A 7064 ON MY 2WD ENGINE, NOT FITTED YET THOUGH SO CAN'T COMMENT ON THE EXHAUST BUT I WILL HOPEFULLY KNOW SOON

Comment

Originally posted by daveV View Post
                          I am currently rebuilding the engine of my 2WD Saph and want to go for a BW EFR turbo. Target is roughly 450-500 bhp. From what I read here and on other forums I will ideally need a 7064. I am just not too sure on the size of the exhaust housing. I would want to go twin scroll which only leaves me with a T4 flange (no big issue) and A/R size 1.05 ext WG or 0.92 int WG, but both these seem really big to me. What do you guys think?
                          When going twin scroll forget about the housing size as its diff as it has a divider in it. These housings are correctly sized for the job on the 7064 and 7670.
                          I am the most experienced tuner in the uk on the Efr on Yb and 4g63/4 engines so what I am saying is coming from a foundation of knowledge manifold design also has a part to play in it.
                          Don't use the 7163 in twin scroll as it is not suited to either of the engines and you will have a compramised set up due the the old type engines.
                          It is best suited to variable cams high airflow engine that doesn't mind exhaust back pressure and low boost pressure by Yb standards.

Mark

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mark! I was hoping you'd answer this, as you are the "pioneer" of EFR turbos on YB's.
                            I already read your advice on pf.com not to go for the 7163, thats why I was asking for the 7064.

Comment

Originally posted by AJC View Post
                              i HAVE A 7064 ON MY 2WD ENGINE, NOT FITTED YET THOUGH SO CAN'T COMMENT ON THE EXHAUST BUT I WILL HOPEFULLY KNOW SOON
                              As soon as that engine bay is painted you big TART!

Comment

Working...
                              X