wheel off set question help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel off set question help needed

hi there chaps , I am needing some help . my car runs speedline alloy wheels in group a fitment et33 8 inch wide rim . I would like to run one set of 9 inch wide rims for second hand slick tyres as the 8 inch rim is a little small . thing is on the inside near the strut on the 8 inch wide set up theres little clearance for a much larger rim , can the rim be made that the extra inch a need, can it be added to the outside edge of the rim ?? what off set is the wheel then ?? any help would be great

thanks steven

if you have Space on outside, then lover the et as much as you need to Clear both sides. et is mm from center of Wheel, so "easy" to calculate.

so 1 inch is litle over 25mm, and half of that is 12,5mm, so if lower from et 33 to et 20,5 you will have the inner of rim on same Place.
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Originally posted by twin turbo View Post
      if you have Space on outside, then lover the et as much as you need to Clear both sides. et is mm from center of Wheel, so "easy" to calculate.

so 1 inch is litle over 25mm, and half of that is 12,5mm, so if lower from et 33 to et 20,5 you will have the inner of rim on same Place.
      hello twin turbo

at the moment on the 8 inch wide rim et33 I can fit my finger between the rim and the spring cup , I feel I need this for clearance , my wheel arch can hold the extra inch no problem if its all added to the out side . so are you saying I need a rim 9 x 18 et 20.5 ??

thanks steven

Comment

yes it wil be 20 then, since dont think the do half. what car is it on?

yes 9x18 et 20, then all would be on outside, since 1 inch up you put on half a inch on both sides if same et, so when move et half inch in, you will keep the inner in same Place, since you then put both the half inch extra+ the half inch from moving et half inch closer to center, too the out side.

Comment

Comp mo6 9x18 et14. No problems
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twin turbo View Post
            yes it wil be 20 then, since dont think the do half. what car is it on?

yes 9x18 et 20, then all would be on outside, since 1 inch up you put on half a inch on both sides if same et, so when move et half inch in, you will keep the inner in same Place, since you then put both the half inch extra+ the half inch from moving et half inch closer to center, too the out side.
            Hi it's on my Jwrc fiesta at the moment I have 8x18 et 33 grpa wheels I have a small finger in clearance between the tyre on inside and the strut cup I want to run 9 inch wide rims I have plenty of room on the out side

Comment

Okay Then et 20 or lower should be okay.

Comment

Working...
              X