Is gasless mig welding easy to teach yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is gasless mig welding easy to teach yourself

Hi guys, anyone do Mig welding, I quite fancy learning to do it myself, is it easy enough to self teach yourself, or teach yourself the basics with Youtube vids and practice, or is it something you need to go on a course for to do properly?
    Cheers
    Trev.

Get a quality machined(kemppi mig evo) gasless is not as Nice as with gas, but setup on machine right IT works(turn polarity) sure a welder to give you some tips, is helpfull, but after that its just practice, and learn what to look for in weldbath.
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

As above Trev, gases is terrible. You will learn a lot easier with a decent gas mig, once you've learned how to set it up plenty of practice

Comment

Gasless is terrible I meant to say

Comment

To many impurities with gasless Mig sets Trev, they give an awful bead compared to inert gas.
          Get a half decent gas Mig set with adjustable wire speed and variable amp setting ( not just high/ low)

Comment

Sorry just to add do abit of home work to understand how the welding set should sound and how the bead should look and you will be well away.
            Just about setting the wire speed and amps up so you get that nice crackle sound like frying bacon! Well that's what my old welding lecturer told me in college many years ago

Comment

Working...
            X