650 bhp whats needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 650 bhp whats needed

thinking of taking the mk3 to 650bhp, the engine thats in was only built for 400bhp 5 year ago and its still going well but really at its limit
    so just pondering over what to do now, 650 is my aim, whats needed in repect of head, bottom end, pistons, rods, turbo (external ???), injectors, manifolds, etc

cheers wenny
    sigpic

1/4 mile 9.52 @ 146mph so far

deep pockets lolsorry only joking and good luck m8

Comment

will be even more of monster wenny your a mad man

Comment

10 stud block, nikasil liner block, oil jets, longer steel rods, standard crank is fine, cp or similar pistons, wrc headgasket

big port head bigger valves arnt needed just yet so your safe lol, decent inlet manifold 8 inj
        decent set of cams, tubular exhaust manifold, decent size turbo, external wastegate (tial )

thats the basics really

Comment

Turbo would have to be a T66 or maybe a GT35 or similar I would think!

Not sure on manifolds etc, what are you running at the moment!? Also have you thought about a fucking parachute Wen!?
          M3 CSL is here!

Comment

Originally posted by j1mbo View Post
            10 stud block, nikasil liner block, oil jets, longer steel rods, standard crank is fine, cp or similar pistons, wrc headgasket

big port head bigger valves arnt needed just yet so your safe lol, decent inlet manifold 8 inj
            decent set of cams, tubular exhaust manifold, decent size turbo, external wastegate (tial )

thats the basics really
            ohh thats not bad then, i might do that on sunday..................
            Andy

Comment

Originally posted by j1mbo View Post

thats the basics really
              the head ports are quite big now, is the sweedish inlet i have now no good

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Turbo would have to be a T66 or maybe a GT35 or similar I would think!

Not sure on manifolds etc, what are you running at the moment!? Also have you thought about a fucking parachute Wen!?
              dan no idea yet, just starting to bounce things arround at the min, mite need a parachute tho lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WENNY View Post
                thinking of taking the mk3 to 650bhp, the engine thats in was only built for 400bhp 5 year ago and its still going well but really at its limit
                so just pondering over what to do now, 650 is my aim, whats needed in repect of head, bottom end, pistons, rods, turbo (external ???), injectors, manifolds, etc

cheers wenny
                What port sizes do you have, and whats the current spec/parts being used.

Mark

Comment

the head ports are quite big now, is the sweedish inlet i have now no good
                  what size ports ? the sweedish will do it but not the best on the market imho

Comment

beaten to it ! lol

Comment

ide have to measure the ports, a old guy who used to do touring cars did the head a few years back but they are bigger than any engine ive worked on, but they may not be big enough, whats the measurement thats needed
                      rest of motor isnt done to a very high spec, 6 long stud, 4 arp, standard crank and rods, mahle pistons, bd15 & 16 cams, double vale springs are still on the shelf, sweedish plenum, 4 siemens blacks 950`s are they, uprated oil pump, wrc gasket, t4 roller bearing turbo, internal gate ( at its limit i think), 2wd ex manifold, alloy flywheel and crank pulley, about it i think
                      sigpic

Comment

well whats the best jimbo, come on lol i need to start and get a idea of spec and costs i supose
                        sigpic

Comment

ide have to measure the ports, a old guy who used to do touring cars did the head a few years back but they are bigger than any engine ive worked on, but they may not be big enough, whats the measurement thats needed
                          rest of motor isnt done to a very high spec, 6 long stud, 4 arp, standard crank and rods, mahle pistons, bd15 & 16 cams, double vale springs are still on the shelf, sweedish plenum, 4 siemens blacks 950`s are they, uprated oil pump, wrc gasket, t4 roller bearing turbo, internal gate ( at its limit i think), 2wd ex manifold, alloy flywheel and crank pulley, about it i think

I would change pistons/rods/liners/exhaust manifold/GT35 turbo/management system, and leave the rest and see how it goes.

Mark

Comment

crank, 6 proper studs, sweedish plenum, and flywheel/pulley and double springs would be the only thing to make it onto the next engine imo,

the rest wouldnt be up to it, the block will need alot of work too as above

Comment

wenny, measure what you have and we'll see if its enough, but, mark and others may have a different opinion so dont mix and mach each others opinions as they wont normally work together !

just see whats best for you and take advice from that person, thats what i mean sorta thing, D:

Comment

Working...
                              X