Goodwood Breakfast Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodwood Breakfast Club

Up and out the door at 5am this morning to join a convoy at Guildford heading down to Goodwood for this monthly breakfast event that has a different theme each month - this month being Italian Icons
    If you ever go to this take a sandwhich as the breakfast is very nice but bloody expensive - £5:10 for a sausage in a bread roll Nice sausage i must admit....... Organic or something ...... whatever that means

Still, the convoy was the best part of the day with 30 or 40 cars including all sorts but very nice to be joined by new Skyline GTR's an F40 and an XJ220 amongst others

Lets just say the run to Goodwood was fairly brisk

And once there, plenty of Italian stuff as expected......... and nice stuff in the car park

The rock car REALLY ROCKED

For sale at £27k if you've any spare pennies....

I found out what this was but now i've forgotten again Homemade apparently and very very nice

I followed this one home but sadly he didn't give it any beans Which was a shame as i was well up for it...........

Looks like you had another good day out Julian

F40's seem a bit common at the moment
    sigpic

Comment

I do like my days out Adam Suffering now though It does me in at my age lol - i won't ever stop though

Common as muck them F40's the one that joined our convoy isn't the same one in the other pic - so yeah, they're all over the place

It is the nuts being in convoys with stuff like that as the old Ford gets as many looks from people on the streets as any of the stuff that's worth ten times as much and being able to keep up does give you a warm feeling inside

Another similar event at a venue close to Goodwood next sunday so will put up a thread in the week and see if for a change i can be not the only person in an Escos Don't know of any convoys to it yet but got my ear to the ground Just hope this weather holds out........

Comment

Looks like a great day out some tasty motors there inc yours

www.infinity-racing.co.uk www.spec-r.co.uk

Comment

very nice

Comment

Great pics and write up Julian, I do like your little road trip updates

Do you boys have any Europe trips planned
            Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

is there an event of sorts every month?
              nice photo's------------

Comment

should of said u was goin mate i live 2mins up the road would of come up glad u had a nice time

Comment

Lovely pics mate and thanks for the text and pic of the Zonda, awesome!! Really sorry I couldn't make it this time, properly gutted!

Please tell me you got pics of that Yellow F355 lurking in the rock car picture!?
                  M3 CSL is here!

Comment

Good stuff, i should one day venture out for this as its not overly far away atall.

good day had then i take it? car run all tickedy boo for you today?

Comment

Originally posted by Warren View Post
                      Great pics and write up Julian, I do like your little road trip updates

Do you boys have any Europe trips planned
                      A Europe trip has been on my agenda for some time but seems to be one of those things that never gets any closer

The people that put this little off the cuff convoy together today run Euro road tours and have a good list of trips for next year but wether i'll comit to one we'll have to see Might need a more road friendly gearbox before i go on a long haul like the Alps etc........

Comment

Don't know how to do that multiple quotes in one post so will have to do all these individually

Originally posted by martinembleton View Post
                        should of said u was goin mate i live 2mins up the road would of come up glad u had a nice time
                        Sorry Martin If i'd known you were down that way i would have said I may be down that way again next sunday for a similar thing just along the road from Goodwood so maybe pop along to that

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Lovely pics mate and thanks for the text and pic of the Zonda, awesome!! Really sorry I couldn't make it this time, properly gutted!

Please tell me you got pics of that Yellow F355 lurking in the rock car picture!?
                          Nevermind Dan, sounds like your wallets had a bit of a bashing this week eh

Maybe next week then

No pics i'm afraid - yellow Ferrari's ?........ Hmmm not sure on them

Comment

Originally posted by spiritof'76 View Post
                            No pics i'm afraid - yellow Ferrari's ?........ Hmmm not sure on them
                            Looks like there is a yellow 355 next to the rock car

I wish we had days/events/trips like this here in Norway Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelv View Post
                              Good stuff, i should one day venture out for this as its not overly far away atall.

good day had then i take it? car run all tickedy boo for you today?

You should indeed I think they run one of these a month even through the winter but i don't know what the turnout is like People seemed to be saying today was quiet down there but that was fine by me as i don't like tripping over people every few seconds

Car ran fine today thank you I find that it generally does when the oil filler cap is on properly

Had no trouble sticking to the back of a TVR Tuscan for most of the way down only losing him briefly once due to a fluffed gear change which led to a whole load of lag

Comment

Working...
                              X