Buying stuff of forum members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying stuff of forum members?

What do you guys think on this? found some seats for my M3 at a bloody bargain price, been pm'ing the chap and checked his posts and all seems well.

I have said I want to pay from my bank straight into his so at least I get some sort of details from him if he does decide to do a runner with my money.

where do i stand on this if he does a running with it?

Seems genuine to me but you never know

Cheers
    Mark

you can never be 100% certain unless you know the person...
    I've only ever had 2 bad expiriences when buying stuff from forums - being shafted for a "good" ERST engine when I had my old XR2, and for a seatpost on a MTB forum...
    Apart from that all have been positive. Of course, its ideal if you can pick stuff up from people - thats how I met a few peeps off of here!

Comment

if its seats i can hardly imagine the seller is going to be keen on posting them on to you, so i presume at some point you will be meeting the seller to collect.

cant you pay a token deposit to secure them and then pay the rest when you collect

Comment

Originally posted by Kelv View Post
        cant you pay a token deposit to secure them and then pay the rest when you collect
        Exactly what I would do Kelv,

If the seller insists you pay in full first, then just leave it simple as

Comment

They are being delivered as its miles from me and is cheaper too.

Feel a little worryed now to be honest, sure it will all be fine.. And I am sure my bank should cover me for this? as its gone into his bank etc so its not cash, there is paper logs of it that I have paid for them.

Bloody good price tho, Black Leather M3 Vader Seats, front, back, door cards and headrests for £270 delivered

Only down side is they came from a left hooker, but this shouldnt be a problem should it? I did ask before I bought them and he said they fit fine...?

Comment

seats should be fine unless the seat belt plug is in the seat.other wise you can swap sides no prob
            sigpic

guns for show,knives for a pro

Comment

pay him on credit card, might give you some protection if they dont show up?

Cheers
              Dan

P.s. Try to get a receipt of some sort emailed over too it could help if they dont show up...fight your cause with cc company

Comment

If you have a doubt DO NOT BUY.

You have to be 100%, i personally would only pay thru paypal for folk i dont know unless i can afford to take a gamble.
                sigpic
                BOSCH PARTS 07759984033
                INJECTOR CLEANING

Comment

I got screwed over once paying cash into someone's account. When I got back from paying the cash in I checked the post to see if the seller put up "Sold" and all I read was the bloke was a scammer and had taken money off other poeple. Needless to say I never got the goods or my £80 back My post is still on FiestaTurbo.com:

http://www.fiestaturbo.com/forums/po...d5458e#p856007

I had his name, address, mobile number (Soon got cut off after transaction) and even a photo. Didn't get a penny back off the little cunt

I also brought a Punto GT engine off EBAY. Phoned the bloke up and agreed to pay cash into his girlfriends bank and have the engine collected that day. I phoned the courier company 3 days later as no delivery and was told "It had already been collected by another couriers". Phoned the bloke and no answer. Sent him a txt and he said the couriers were lying and he had been in all day. Sent the couriers back the next day to be told "Its already been collected".

Got a bill through the couriers for both collections, but luckly blagged them and got a refund. The bloke still denied the couriers even knocked on his door. I asked for cash back and he got angry and said he would keep £20 of the money as I fucked him about I agreed just to get some cash back, but 3 years later still nothing

I reported this one to the Police who are chasing him and keep requesting him to go Court, but he never bothers to show up and doesn't bother paying the fines, so the Court can't pay me. I ring once every two months to see whats going on.

You have no leg to stand on with the bank, Police or anyone if the bloke/bird decides to fuck you over. Only way to get anywhere is getting an address and going round yourself.

I hate paying for things over the net anymore and will only pay cash in bank to trusted people.

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

Comment

Where are the seats coming from Booner? Anywhere around brum or London I don't mind collecting them for you

Comment

it's always a worry Mark, but if you have done your checks and feel happy that he isn't a scammer, you just have to trust the person

Comment

Working...
                      X