funny buzzing noise coming from what i think is the brake servo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny buzzing noise coming from what i think is the brake servo

just been out to start the car this morning and there seems to be a buzzing noise coming from the brake servo which i have never heard before.I drove the car and it stopped but sometimes when i press the brake it does it any ideas what this could be hope its not expensive

It is supposed to do this - it is the pump pressurising the ABS tank . It stops when the tank is pressurised (the round thing near the bulkhead) and starts up again when it needs to.
    Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

ahhhhhhhhh ive never noticed this before or maybe its doing it more than it should ha

Comment

Normally you only notice it when you have the ignition on, bonnet open, but engine not running....
        Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

thanks for that mike i did have the bonnet up sorry i havent made payment for the carbon splitter and hockey sticks yet......a fine at the burnley blackburn game on sunday has put me back abit

Comment

I get this too, only seemed to notice after having Clutch cable replaced, and thought it was the cos of the cable pulling on the Servo when depressed.

Also got told it was normal, just worried me cos i hadnt noticed it much before. Wierd though.

Comment

Working...
            X