Paint Thickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Thickness

Right o who can help with just a quick question, seeing pride and performances threads and him keep measuring the thickness of paint before he starts correcting stuff, what thickness 'should' (bearing in mind we are talking ford here ) i be seeing on an escos?

i measured mine last night and i was getting between 230-300microns on the bonnet, wings, roof but about 190 microns ont the doors. Are these good readings or bad for a car?

Whats a safe thickness of paint, and whats a "best stick that in for a respray" depth of paint

CheeRS John
    xflow way to go!

you will probaly find the thicker ones are the ones that have been repainted i would think john.using the g220 wont take that much to guve you a problem.a rotary would though
    sigpic

guns for show,knives for a pro

Comment

i dont know baout microns, but when i sanded my wings down, it was like counting tree lines, i had 18 layers of paint on the wings lol

and when i sanded them down they didnt line up with the doors as that much paint had been taken off

Comment

im a paint sprayer have own business and repaintd many cossies now over the years. ther is no target for paint thickness from manufactures and many differ, but on average factory paint thicknes will vary from 100 - 180 microns, some can be as little as 75 microns even on roof panels. typicaly any more than that indicates the panel has been repainted at some point. you can even find panels wich can read upto 1300 microns wen they have been repaired with filler, hope thats of help, gaz.

Comment

Originally posted by escosgaz View Post
          im a paint sprayer have own business and repaintd many cossies now over the years. ther is no target for paint thickness from manufactures and many differ, but on average factory paint thicknes will vary from 100 - 180 microns, some can be as little as 75 microns even on roof panels. typicaly any more than that indicates the panel has been repainted at some point. you can even find panels wich can read upto 1300 microns wen they have been repaired with filler, hope thats of help, gaz.
          cheers gaz
          xflow way to go!

Comment

Some of them from new had bugger all on the front wing lips.

Comment

Working...
            X