Bios Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios Upgrade

anyone know where I can obtain one for an Advent 7011, can't seem to get one anywhere and it seems a common problem them being hard to get hold of

spec of laptop
    http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/laptop/7011.htm

also anyone got any decent software for making a bootable cd rom or usb stick?

your asking the right person here ben,how can i help?

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
      your asking the right person here ben,how can i help?
      it was a long shot, waiting for the nerds such as Chas and Mark

Comment

Lost me too there i'm afraid, useless with PC's. Know Apple Mac inside out though.

Comment

i am insulted. Nerd lol. I do have the boot option mate but its at work and i am home. What do you want to boot it into.. Ghost..
          As for the bios i cant help only deal with is

Comment

Is Geek any better lol

Got a laptop that will not load the operating system even booting from disc etc.... It looks as if the bios needs flashing so I can then load up the new OS.
            basic message is "can not load operating system"

I think I have the bios file now, but need something like a copy of Nero to be able to make a bootable cd to put the bios upgrade on and flash the damn thing, if you have anything like that you can copy and send on a cd it would be appreciated

Comment

i have nero i can send you mate. Have you looked on the net for a copy. I will dig it out. Think its nero 6 bit old but should do the trick. Whats your address mate

Comment

If its saying "can not load operating system" then it looks like its not trying to boot from CD, have you set the boot order in the bios or have you tried using the functions keys to boost from CD when powering on the laptop? even a windows xp cd should let you boot and then format the HD and install itself.

apologies if you have tried all of that

as said Nero will let you burn a bootable disc
                Andy

Comment

i wll get her n doors to send it

Comment

Originally posted by rsnissan View Post
                    If its saying "can not load operating system" then it looks like its not trying to boot from CD, have you set the boot order in the bios or have you tried using the functions keys to boost from CD when powering on the laptop? even a windows xp cd should let you boot and then format the HD and install itself.

apologies if you have tried all of that

as said Nero will let you burn a bootable disc
                    First thing I tried Andy, got a vista disc at home and it got half way through booting up and installing it and then just crashed and same message displayed

believe this is what happened when installing xp pro

Originally posted by mboon View Post
                    i wll get her n doors to send it
                    Cheers Mark

Comment

its also such a shame I don't have a floppy drive as its nice and easy to make bootable discs with one, but I am really not going out to buy one even though they are cheap as chips as I will no doubt never use it again

Comment

save the pennys for the cosworth

Comment

cossie is fine at the mo, more pennies for the MG as it needs it after its rolling road session

Comment

sounds expensive. What went wrong

Comment

nothing went wrong Mark, its just slightly lacking power although I am a little scepticle about it. The tuner said it could do with going to an electronic distributor to get more advance, but its all spot on and running right just 70bhp is not going to set the world on fire

Comment

Working...
                              X