Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM's Wont send

Hi,

Have a problem with my PMs, for some reason i cant reply to a PM sent to me, or write a new one, but i can post on the forums?

If i type out a PM, it just dissapears when i press send, and doesnt show in the PM log, or my sent messages?

Any ideas??

Cheers Chris

go user cp top of page

edit
    Messaging & Notification
    Receive Email
    From time to time, the administrators may want to send you email notices.

If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option.
    Receive Email from Administrators

You can allow other members to send you email messages.
    Receive Email from Other Members

If you do not want to receive an email for each request of friendship, you may disable this option.
    Receive Friendship Request Email
    Default Thread Subscription Mode
    When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
    Default Thread Subscription Mode:
    Private Messaging
    This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
    Enable Private Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
    Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
    Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
    Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.
    Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by defaultVisitor Messaging
    This forum features a visitor messaging system that allows members to send messages to one another publicly.

If you do not want to receive visitor messages, you may disable the visitor messaging system.
    Enable Visitor Messaging

You may limit the usage of your visitor messages to just moderators and your contacts.
    Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators

there boxs that need to be tick for pms

Comment

Originally posted by georgie1 View Post
      go user cp top of page

edit
      Messaging & Notification
      Receive Email
      From time to time, the administrators may want to send you email notices.

If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option.
      Receive Email from Administrators

You can allow other members to send you email messages.
      Receive Email from Other Members

If you do not want to receive an email for each request of friendship, you may disable this option.
      Receive Friendship Request Email
      Default Thread Subscription Mode
      When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
      Default Thread Subscription Mode:
      Private Messaging
      This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
      Enable Private Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
      Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
      Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
      Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.
      Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by defaultVisitor Messaging
      This forum features a visitor messaging system that allows members to send messages to one another publicly.

If you do not want to receive visitor messages, you may disable the visitor messaging system.
      Enable Visitor Messaging

You may limit the usage of your visitor messages to just moderators and your contacts.
      Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators

there boxs that need to be tick for pms
      Just checked and all settings as the list are correct...

Comment

are boxes ticked

Comment

Originally posted by georgie1 View Post
          are boxes ticked
          Yeah all boxes ticked, still nothing...

Comment

I can't see anything wrong with your settings.. not sure what to suggest other then sometimes gremlins can be sorted by deleting your cookies/internet history so try that

Comment

Originally posted by chriswrc51 View Post
              Hi,

Have a problem with my PMs, for some reason i cant reply to a PM sent to me, or write a new one, but i can post on the forums?

If i type out a PM, it just dissapears when i press send, and doesnt show in the PM log, or my sent messages?

Any ideas??

Cheers Chris
              i had this issue when using my works pc
              try using a different pc or give paul your log in detals and see if he can send a pm off his pc or send to me and i will try for you
              mark

Comment

I have just realised that the two PMs I did earlier do not appear to have sent (funnily enough, on of them was for Mark).

Comment

Working...
                X