Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't seem to edit my posts in Parts Room?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't seem to edit my posts in Parts Room?????

I have a few posts with spelling mistakes and can't seem to find the edit button.... its not where it normally is....has it changed or am I being a fool again????

LOL

My posts in the Parts room just give me this.........No edit Threads in question Here and here, not just my own threads but all of my posts in teh Parts room I cannot edit
    Attached Files

Originally posted by sillyfezzamk1 View Post
    I have a few posts with spelling mistakes and can't seem to find the edit button.... its not where it normally is....has it changed or am I being a fool again?????

LOL

Dan

*Edit* God sake its let me do it now..but only on this post and normal forum, on my posts in the Parts room it just gives me this.........No edit Threads in question Here and here
    do you go advanced at all or should i say................

oy yow need taw gaw advanced loyke

bostin

Comment

Originally posted by COZZFATHER View Post
      do you go advanced at all or should i say................

oy yow need taw gaw advanced loyke

bostin
      You can't go advanced till your in EDIT already

And I dont talk like that thank god! I just live in Brum, I am from Derby so have a seriously common accent instead!

Thanks for the help though cozzfather

Comment

The Edit button has been Removed from the For sale Forum
        Its part of new measures to protect buyers on the site, no edit means that no deal can be taken back and no one can hide anything they have sold or advertised or change prices.
        Whilst I know this can make it annoying if you have spelling mistakes or want to change the wording, It is for a greater good and you'll have to update your threads items and prices as a new post so it will be an on going log.
        Any edits that do not effect the items for sale or the prices can be changed by a moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ripley View Post
          The Edit button has been Removed from the For sale Forum
          Its part of new measures to protect buyers on the site, no edit means that no deal can be taken back and no one can hide anything they have sold or advertised or change prices.
          Whilst I know this can make it annoying if you have spelling mistakes or want to change the wording, It is for a greater good and you'll have to update your threads items and prices as a new post so it will be an on going log.
          Any edits that do not effect the items for sale or the prices can be changed by a moderator
          I get what your saying, but on a big sale thread that is just not going to work effectively.

If someone misuses the edit function then why not report them and deal with it accordingly. Kind of hard to tar everyone with the same brush and make life arkward.

But its your site not mine so untimately up to you.

How about making people with good rep or trader score able to edit their posts?

Cheers
          dan

Comment

Dan that is the next step

but needs a lot of thinking to get a feedback system right, sorry but I've got to ask you to bare with me please

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ripley View Post
              Dan that is the next step

but needs a lot of thinking to get a feedback system right, sorry but I've got to ask you to bare with me please
              No problem mate, now I know the score it's not a problem....just a little freaky quirk I couldn't get my head around.

Cheers
              Dan

Comment

not access

I cant seem to access all of the forums, think i need five posts to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by dansmith215 View Post
                  I cant seem to access all of the forums, think i need five posts to do this?
                  No, you needed to be a confirmed owner, which has now been done you Norfolk bufty queen .
                  Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Working...
                  X