Found a car abit closer to me N262 PBE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a car abit closer to me N262 PBE

This ones a little closer to me and is advertise on pistonheads any know much about it, owner has owned it 10 years N262 PBE. Cheers

Been for sale for ages which probably tells you something.

Comment

Don't think anyone has been to view the car.

Comment

It was on ebay, been for sale for at least 3 months.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...1995-n/7467345

Looks an ok car in the pictures, it's been converted to large turbo spec from the looks of the engine bay. Depends how original a car you want and whether he'll take an offer on it.

Comment

I would have a look at it.

Comment

it certainly looks tidy in the pics

Comment

No harm in looking,if its not too far away.
              IMO the more you see the better.

Comment

Cheers boys what are main areas for corrosion on them is there

Comment

Everywhere

Sills, arches, chassis legs, around sunroof, around windscreen, battery tray, around seat mounts.

Comment

rear tow eye box section, but you will have to remove the cover for a decent look unless your a good limbo dancer take a torch with you

Comment

I would if possible take somebody with you and check it out.
                      The lamba sensor wire wrapped around the engine hoist worries me.

Comment

I had a good chat with the owner when I was looking but he just wanted too much money imho.

Hes a dealer by trade, although this is his own car, and you could tell his profession. It sounds like an OK car from what he said, but tuned up on standard management by JamSport. Didn't much like the sound of that, plus it's done 100k and is not the most desirable colour. He's happy to wait to get the right money - he thinks it's a 35k car and put the price up not long after I spoke to him. All in all it might work for someone, but it wasn't for me - glad I waited as very pleased with mine.

Comment

Shame that it does look clean but if its not right its not right...sure summin will come up..

Comment

Well after cutting a long story short i have bought it. Me and the seller came up with a price that each of us were happy with and i also got a private plate out of the deal. chuffed.

the cars has afte issues buy nothing that cant be sorted.

Now the next thing is that i need to sort out afew issues that the car had. the exhaust(mongoose system) had really poor fitment.

Also it was fitted with avo fully adjustable coilovers and they were too harsh for me.

what suspension kits are people using i quite fancy konis with ggr lowering springs.

Comment

great news.

Konis with Bayjoo springs get good reviews - mines standard but i'm sure a few of the guys on here will advise as to what they've done.

Comment

Working...
                              X