No announcement yet.

ABS Lights On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooo.....little update, I've now replaced the original ABS pump, which was definitely blown, with another. Now I can hear the pump running when the ignition is on but how long should it run for, because mine now doesn't seem to be stopping until you turn the ignition off. And the abs lights are still on. I just don't want to burn this pump out.

I haven't bled out the brakes again yet though, could that fix it do we think? Or is it still more likely to be an issue at the master cylinder/pump end?

Cheers
    Trev.

Comment

• The pumps probably trying to pressurise the system ,i would def bleed the brakes and get the system full of fluid ,mine takes about twenty seconds or so for the abs and brake light to go off if its been standing for a few days ,,you need the ignition on to do the rear brakes ,,Rashers
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rashers View Post
        The pumps probably trying to pressurise the system ,i would def bleed the brakes and get the system full of fluid ,mine takes about twenty seconds or so for the abs and brake light to go off if its been standing for a few days ,,you need the ignition on to do the rear brakes ,,Rashers
        Yes, I think I'll try bleeding them next. It's just continually running at the moment, as I say I just don't want to burn the motor out. My lights don't go out at all, although it is just sitting in the garage.
        Cheers
        Trev.

Comment

• It will keep pumping until the system is up to pressure. You really need to now start bleeding it
          sigpic

Comment

• By bleeding do you mean all four brakes, or is there something I need to bleed up front, i.e. at the master cylinder?
            Cheers
            Trev.

Comment

• Bleed and give it a drive

Comment

• Originally posted by TREVCOS View Post
                By bleeding do you mean all four brakes, or is there something I need to bleed up front, i.e. at the master cylinder?
                All 4 brakes starting at the furthest away nearest last.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave H View Post

All 4 brakes starting at the furthest away nearest last.
                  I shall give it a try.
                  Cheers
                  Trev.

Comment

It will keep pumping until the system is up to pressure. You really need to now start bleeding it
                    The pump just isn't going off at all Dave, it's just constantly running once you turn the ignition off. Had to turn it off after 2 minutes as per manual before it burnt out. I feel a bit like I'm floundering around here with no end point. Is bleeding the brakes actually going to make any difference because the manual seemed to say only bleed the brakes once the pump had switched off.

Cheers
                    Trev.

Comment

• Have you got brake fluid coming out any of the bleed nipples when you open them up ,,
                      sigpic

Comment

• Unless your pressure sensor is faulty and thats why the old unit burnt its self out, hence why bleeding isn't making any difference and pump constant running.

Check the plug/connection on the green unit, you may be able to link it out.

Comment

• All sorted now guys, brakes all bled through and lights have gone out. It was either the pump or the pressure sensor so I changed both and we're away now. The pump starts and stops as it should.
                          Cheers
                          Trev.

Comment

• Originally posted by TREVCOS View Post
                            All sorted now guys, brakes all bled through and lights have gone out. It was either the pump or the pressure sensor so I changed both and we're away now. The pump starts and stops as it should.
                            Happy days mate, recon its the sensor

Comment

• Great news, you got there in the end happy days.
                              sigpic

Comment

Great news, you got there in the end happy days.
                                Thanks mate. She's getting there now.
                                Cheers
                                Trev.

Comment

Working...
                                X