Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post
    30A fuse in rear was gone in mine
    Cool, hopefully this might be the problem, here's hoping anyway. I never seem to get away with the easy solutions though so we shall see.....
    Cheers
    Trev.

Comment

Right guys, all fuses in the boot checked and all fine. If I set the ignition on without the fuel pump running if I put my ear right to the master cylinder area I can hear like a fast ticking, very very quiet but you can hear it. And when I turn the ignition off it stops. Am I on the right track?
      Cheers
      Trev.

Comment

Sounds like your ABS pump is air locked to me, as you are describing very similar symptoms to what I had. My pump was very quiet at first and wouldn't turn off until the ignition was switched off also. When the pump finally primed up it was noticeably louder and automatically switched off when at pressure.

Have you managed to bleed the brakes up at all since rebuilding the system?

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Tomismo View Post
          Sounds like your ABS pump is air locked to me, as you are describing very similar symptoms to what I had. My pump was very quiet at first and wouldn't turn off until the ignition was switched off also. When the pump finally primed up it was noticeably louder and automatically switched off when at pressure.

Have you managed to bleed the brakes up at all since rebuilding the system?
          I did the front brakes using one of those bleeders from Halfords and it did a good job. I haven't done the rears though, although I do have very strong brake pressure already. Can you do the rears with that sort of kit (with a one way valve) or do you have to do it by holding the brake down and then turning the ignition on, perhaps that's where my issue is because the pump hasn't pressurised the rear brakes?
          Cheers
          Trev.

Comment

After rebuilding my brake pump and changing all the lines for new ones, I was not able to bleed the rear brakes, even using a professional ATE bleeding system.
            At the end we had to fill the pump with brake fluid manually. After that, everything started to work as it should.
            I don't remember if my ABS light was on at that time.

Comment

At the rear, you put ignition on pos 1 and open the bleed valves and just put a little pressure on the break pedal, then abs pump will do the job

Comment

Originally posted by KR54321 View Post
                After rebuilding my brake pump and changing all the lines for new ones, I was not able to bleed the rear brakes, even using a professional ATE bleeding system.
                At the end we had to fill the pump with brake fluid manually. After that, everything started to work as it should.
                I don't remember if my ABS light was on at that time.
                That's interesting. How do you fill the pump manually?
                Cheers
                Trev.

Comment

After many attempts with the rear brakes, I realized that the system is somehow clogged, so the car went to the workshop with the bleeding system, which I don't have. They did not succeed. After that I've found a cross section drawing of the pump, delivered it to the workshop, and they filled the pump with the syringe. I don't have any more information how it was filled.

Comment

Originally posted by KR54321 View Post
                    After many attempts with the rear brakes, I realized that the system is somehow clogged, so the car went to the workshop with the bleeding system, which I don't have. They did not succeed. After that I've found a cross section drawing of the pump, delivered it to the workshop, and they filled the pump with the syringe. I don't have any more information how it was filled.
                    Oh well, I'll try bleeding the brakes through at some point and see if it makes any difference, why does it always have be some a bleeding faff?
                    Cheers
                    Trev.

Comment

Are you sure yhe pump is working? A mate had to change brush in the pump motor, as they were worn and motor didn`t start

Comment

Originally posted by grcossie View Post
                        Are you sure yhe pump is working? A mate had to change brush in the pump motor, as they were worn and motor didn`t start
                        No, I'm not at all. As I say I could hear this fast what I would call a ticking noise when I turn the ignition on, but no more than that.
                        Cheers
                        Trev.

Comment

Hmmm, so I tried bleeding the rear nearside brake and there's literally nothing coming through, while me assistant was holding the brake and turning the ignition on there's no noise but the pedal goes down, as soon as you tighten up the bleed screw I've got really good brake pressure but my abs lights are still on. `Checked the fuses in the boot and they were all fine, although I didn't really know what I was doing with the relays.
                          Cheers
                          Trev.

Comment

Your pump not runs, easy to hear it, and brake fluid is pumping out, when you open bleed valves at rear with ignition on, and a bit pressure at brake pedal. Check for 12v in the stick at pump motor. whith stick unpluged and ignition on and press the brake pedal

Comment

Originally posted by grcossie View Post
                              Your pump not runs, easy to hear it, and brake fluid is pumping out, when you open bleed valves at rear with ignition on, and a bit pressure at brake pedal. Check for 12v in the stick at pump motor. whith stick unpluged and ignition on and press the brake pedal
                              Stick? Are we talking at the wiring connector? I'm sure we'll get there in the end, one way or another.
                              Cheers
                              Trev.

Comment

Id imagine the pump isn't running, it doesn't click just a low frequency general pump noise for a short while ignition is on (could be seized), did you check to full cable to Battery for this, they can break under the sheathing

Comment

Working...
                                X