E10 fuel in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E10 fuel in the UK

So what are we to do when E10 fuel is introduced in the UK? Does this mean we have to use the super unleaded, or can we get our cars to run on the E10 fuel?

Originally posted by JohnP001 View Post
    So what are we to do when E10 fuel is introduced in the UK? Does this mean we have to use the super unleaded, or can we get our cars to run on the E10 fuel?
    The Escos isn't listed on the government check site, though I'd be surprised if it really was happy on E10. However, super unleaded is going to still be E5, and I hae always run my car on that anyway (Shell v-Power is best in my opinion) so no change there for me.
    Jim

Comment

E10 has been a thing in Oz for years.

I run vpower 98 ron in the escos.

You guys should be aware that e10 stoich is close to 14:1. That means all those crappy tunes running injectors at 100% for 14.7:1 stoich fuel will be lean.

My work ute chews about 20% more e10 than e0 and runs like crap, so I don't use e10 in that either.
      Cheers
      John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnP001 View Post

Just get the map checked for dett and fuelling and then you will know.

Mark

Comment

Esso now do 99 octane too.
          sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
          www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
            Esso now do 99 octane too.
            I went to get some to try the other week, as I saw it being reported as being ethanol free. It wasn't - E5 like the rest, according to the pump, and the most expensive I've ever bought - way dearer than v-Power (Which is what I'll be sticking to.)
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by biz View Post

I went to get some to try the other week, as I saw it being reported as being ethanol free. It wasn't - E5 like the rest, according to the pump, and the most expensive I've ever bought - way dearer than v-Power (Which is what I'll be sticking to.)
              Bummer . I wonder if Mark has use the Esso stuff tuning?
              sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

I think the bigger problem with E10 (or indeed E-anything!) is what it does to plastics and rubbers in the fuel system. Our cars are old enough to have materials that weren't specifically resistant to ethanol attack, I worry.
                Jim

Comment

I think the bigger problem with E10 (or indeed E-anything!) is what it does to plastics and rubbers in the fuel system. Our cars are old enough to have materials that weren't specifically resistant to ethanol attack, I worry.
                  More problems in store....mind you a I really only use Shell vpower. Mark has a second layer map on me emtron for 95 crappie fuel but It wouldn't be in the tank long.
                  Perhaps a full fuel line change to Aeroquip would resolve the issue?
                  sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Not sure that if we do have such a problem, that it won't take a bit more than that....
                    Jim

Comment

The nylon fuel lines are ok with E10. The in tank rubber lines and tank breather joiner rubber pieces are best updated to newer spec E compatible hose.
                      Cheers
                      John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

Working...
                      X