INSURANCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INSURANCE

My Insurance is up and its gone up quite a bit, any recommendations, currently on a classic policy with limited milage.

thanks

Hi Darren, i’ve just renewed with Lancaster, it has gone up but so has my agreed value and it was still cheaper than others I tried…. May be worth a call…..

Comment

I've been on a classic, £75k agreed value, policy with Admiral for years. It did go up a chunk this year - £99.12 last year to £150.16 this year - but couldn't find any other policy remotely close to the price
      Jim

Comment

My renewal must be coming through the door any day now!
        Will be interesting to see what it is (usually in the 400’s)
        Been with Need2insure since 2016 I think

Comment

Originally posted by biz View Post
          I've been on a classic, £75k agreed value, policy with Admiral for years. It did go up a chunk this year - £99.12 last year to £150.16 this year - but couldn't find any other policy remotely close to the price
          That’s cheap….!! Will be calling tomorrow that’s for sure….

Comment

I’m just putting a quote through with Hagerty now so I have something to compare against

Comment

Also what are people going for value wise?
              Guessing prices have dipped from last time I insured it.
              Was thinking 65k for a car with 43k on the clock

Comment

Mine was £600 fully comp, 5000 miles, £60k agreed value with aplan

Comment

First one back from Hagerty £879
                  Will see what my renewal is!

Comment

Originally posted by GazzPark View Post
                    Mine was £600 fully comp, 5000 miles, £60k agreed value with aplan
                    :-O If I was having to pay that, I'd be selling the car!
                    Jim

Comment

Need2insure only a few ££ more than last year so will be staying with them again

Comment

Originally posted by biz View Post

:-O If I was having to pay that, I'd be selling the car!
                        Called Admiral today and told they no longer provide classic car insurance, and when they did the car had to be over 35 years old so an ESCOS wouldn’t count….

Comment

I use Paul Need2insure,
                          Not only is the cover reasonable but remember he used a provider that allows modifications.
                          This in its self sells it for me. Minor mods can cause issues with other insurances.
                          ​Frank.
                          sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                          www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sebbo View Post

Called Admiral today and told they no longer provide classic car insurance, and when they did the car had to be over 35 years old so an ESCOS wouldn’t count….
                            I've heard others say that in the past, but I can assure you I have it, with agreed value, and have had, with Admiral for the last 9 years, at which point the car would have been 20 years old. I've heard the 35 years bit before too,,,,

https://www.facebook.com/admiralUK/v...7208551063211/
                            Jim

Comment

I've got loads of mods on mine, like most people on here, ended up paying 650.00 agreed valuation 65k, limited mileage 3000. its up by a bit and that's with Adrian flux.

Comment

Working...
                              X