Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convoys to Dunsfold !!

Ok peoples, only a week to go now, so lets start getting organised

The show opens to the public at 10am so we are required to get display cars to the venue at 9am.
    The plan i have so far for this is.........

M11 Jct 8 Birchanger Services (CM23 5QZ) Shell fuel station - 6am approx depart.

M25 South Mimms Services (EN6 3QQ) BP Fuel Station - 6:40am

Guildford Cathedral (GU2 7UP) 7:40 to depart about 08:15.

The Cathedral will be the final meet before running down to the Airfield......... it may be busy at the Cathedral as other car clubs for the static display may well be meeting there........ i've heard CSL Register will be there and possibly Honda S2K aswell and maybe others but there should be enough room If not, a little chaos adds to the fun

I don't know where everyone is coming from so feel free to add your own meet ups but i figured South Mimms would be ideal to meet anyone coming down the M1/A1
    There was talk of Clacket Lane Services at the bottom of the M25 (TN16 2ER) So if that suits anyone use that

Lastly, just to add it's not too late for last minute entries if anyone wants to tag along......... car doesn't have to be an Escos as we have all fords attending this stand including an entry of about 15 cars from Old Skool Ford forum
    Last edited by spiritof'76; 09-05-2010, 06:36:27.

it looks like i might be still ok for this

Comment

Originally posted by dunccoss View Post
      it looks like i might be still ok for this
      Brilliant news Had me worried for a bit there

Not sure how many Concourse car's we'll have but intend to put any we have together at the front of the stand with the whole ramps & mirrors stuff going on............. proper eye candy for the public No judging obviously so unlike other shows you'll be free to relax and enjoy the day or just enjoy the fact people will be admiring your machine

Spoke to the organiser in the week and i think he's given us a good spot on the Runway........... not up the back where no one will see us

Comment

Looking forward to this, just hope the weather is good
        S.C.S
        01733 576614

Comment

Clacket suits me! - Esp if you're driving past.. - Although to be honest, you could just give me a call when you're approaching the bridge, and I can leave home then - we'll prob meet at about junction 4 on the m25!

Comment

Julian

I'm almost certainly going to come to this in the Escos. It's not a concours but it does clean up nicely. Does mean I'll have to wash it though! Assume if I park it on the stand that doesn't mean I'll have to stay tothe bitter end? - as I think my wife wants to come along. (so no talk about amounts of money spent on the car!)

I'd meet you at Dunsfold as it's anice cross country run to there for me.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Ash View Post
              Looking forward to this, just hope the weather is good
              Don't worry about the Weather Wayne....... it's gonna be lovely

Not sure what route you were thinking but i guess you've two options......... A14 - M11 and meet us at Jct 8 or A1 all the way down to Mimms..... don't know if there is much in it distance wise Will leave it up to you

There are 6 of you coming i believe

Comment

Originally posted by Rolls View Post
                Clacket suits me! - Esp if you're driving past.. - Although to be honest, you could just give me a call when you're approaching the bridge, and I can leave home then - we'll prob meet at about junction 4 on the m25!
                Not sure if i'm going to go round clockwise or Anti Rich Think it's a similar distance either way........ but if there are a load coming down A1/M1 i should maybe go Anti-Clock and meet them at Mimms

Hopefully there will be others for Clackets so you won't be lonely and we'll see you at the Cathedral

Comment

no prob - I can leave at 7am if not to meet you guys at guildford!

Comment

Originally posted by spiritof'76 View Post
                    Don't worry about the Weather Wayne....... it's gonna be lovely

Not sure what route you were thinking but i guess you've two options......... A14 - M11 and meet us at Jct 8 or A1 all the way down to Mimms..... don't know if there is much in it distance wise Will leave it up to you

There are 6 of you coming i believe
                    yes there should be 6 of us i think were going peterborough A1 and meeting up at mimms
                    S.C.S
                    01733 576614

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_M View Post
                      Julian

I'm almost certainly going to come to this in the Escos. It's not a concours but it does clean up nicely. Does mean I'll have to wash it though! Assume if I park it on the stand that doesn't mean I'll have to stay tothe bitter end? - as I think my wife wants to come along. (so no talk about amounts of money spent on the car!)

I'd meet you at Dunsfold as it's anice cross country run to there for me.

Dave
                      Don't worry about not being Concours Dave........ not many of us are I'm just glad you're able to make it

I'm sure you'll be able to leave anytime that suits

Will see you at Dunsfold then......... i've been advised that the Aerodrome postcode isn't the best thing to use on Sat Nav to get there....... apparently 'Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh' will get you placed more accurately for the entrance If you happen to get there before us just tell the Marshalls you are on the 'Ford RS' stand.

Comment

Little bump for anyone that didn't see this yesterday

....... and to add that i'm away monday to friday this week and don't know what net access i will have If i have none and there are any problems or updates i'll deal with them Friday night

........ and if i can get net access............ it won't matter anyway

Comment

i still need to book this but am in two minds as we are having our fence fitted that day and i forgot
                          sigpic

guns for show,knives for a pro

Comment

Originally posted by bullett View Post
                            i still need to book this but am in two minds as we are having our fence fitted that day and i forgot
                            Gonna miss this for a fence

When you see the pics you'll be sorry lol

Comment

Who is going to be on the way up from the south

Comment

Working...
                              X