Right boys and girls after any info or input on a road trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right boys and girls after any info or input on a road trip

im thinking of driving to benidorm were i have a free apartment, ive looked at filghts but its while the kids are off school in august and 4 flights is a fortune, also with this iceland volcano messing about i dont want to book a flight and not make it
    ive allways wanted to do a big road trip over there, its 1480 mile trip so im thinking of driving to dover, ferry accross as the kids havnt been on a ferry, then onto paris which is 590 mile from home, were il spend the night and see a bit of paris, go to disney land paris next day and stay a 2nd night, get up and drive to benidorm which is 890 miles

so basically after any info tips etc that would help me along, best roads to use, what the tolls are like etc as ive never drove out the country
    any good scenic roads or places i shoukld visit on route

cheers wenny
    sigpic

1/4 mile 9.52 @ 146mph so far

You'll not do Paris to Benidorm in a day, French motorways block up just like ours once you get past Lyon. Book another hotel overnight near the french/spanish border. Spanish motorways are full but fast flowing.

I used to do Calais to Lyon in a day and Lyon to Vic or Barcelona the next day.

Comment

I can't remember the exact journey I took as I just followed Tom Tom but I traveled through Paris (fooking experience its self )

I took most of the Tolls and drove over that Massive Bridge that was on Top Gear, I enjoyed the journey and it was nice seeing the landscape gradually change and get warmer

Journey home sucked thou

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ripley View Post
        I can't remember the exact journey I took as I just followed Tom Tom but I traveled through Paris (fooking experience its self )

I took most of the Tolls and drove over that Massive Bridge that was on Top Gear, I enjoyed the journey and it was nice seeing the landscape gradually change and get warmer

Journey home sucked thou
        Did you not use the Santander boat home?

Comment

P&O Ferry crossing the channel If that what you mean

Comment

the Millau Bridge paul

Comment

Originally posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
              You'll not do Paris to Benidorm in a day, French motorways block up just like ours once you get past Lyon. Book another hotel overnight near the french/spanish border. Spanish motorways are full but fast flowing.

I used to do Calais to Lyon in a day and Lyon to Vic or Barcelona the next day.
              is it that bad, when i first thought about it i was thinking of driving from home all the way to benidorm in 1 trip lol
              im sure i can do paris to benidorm in a full day and go out on the drink when i get there, ive done 900 mile round trips in the uk standing on my head, but as youve done it fraser mate il defo look into that, cheers

paul can you remember what sort of price`s the tolls were
              sigpic

Comment

can't you go portsmouth to santander on the ol' boat,thats what them x pats do that drive british registered cars over in spain,they shove em on the boat and kick back and relax.

Wenny the only thing i suggest is a pair of ear muffs to block the aggro 2 screamin kids and a mrs will give you.

i get are we there yet going blackpool and we have only been in the car 15 miles .

for what its worth i once drove chester to st tropez,yep thats a road trip and i did it in a mint 1989 f reg tasman blue xr2. left chester 3 in the morning and got to the channel tunnel about 8 (few stop offs for the kermit) then went on the tunnel into frog land and hit the road for lyon,spent the day looking for the fookin hotel next day went to st tropez no messing about.

on the way back my mrs had a row with a french berk at the place we were staying and she wanted out of france pronto so we left about 6 in the morning and me and the xr2 did south of france to the channel tunnel all the way stopping only for the kermit and fuel,it took about 12 hrs non stop.

thats the longest i have ever driven at around 80-100 mph the whole way back,then we waited for about a hr for the train and next the drive back to sunny cheshire,i was so fookin nackered me eyes were going so we stopped in a essex services for a kip,after a hr some mouthy essex slapper with a fog horn for a cakehole woke me up yelling down the blower so i set off again and got home about 5 in the morning. so st tropez to sunny chester in less than 24 hrs and i was fucked matey

Comment

just looked on rac routeplanner and it was 1034 miles from chester to st tropez.

them dozy bastards think you can do it in 17 hrs

Comment

Originally posted by WENNY View Post
                    is it that bad, when i first thought about it i was thinking of driving from home all the way to benidorm in 1 trip lol
                    im sure i can do paris to benidorm in a full day and go out on the drink when i get there, ive done 900 mile round trips in the uk standing on my head, but as youve done it fraser mate il defo look into that, cheers

paul can you remember what sort of price`s the tolls were
                    There's a french website with the tolls on for each motorway, can i fuck find it again

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ripley View Post
                      P&O Ferry crossing the channel If that what you mean
                      Brittany ferries, portsmouth to santander 20 odd hours though or plymouth to le havre on the jet ferry 3 and half hours.

Comment

lol i hear you with the ear muffs karl mate, i could ge the boat all the way to bilbou but i want the driving experience, me and ginger were going to do the gumball a few year back in the mk3 but they put the entry fee thru the roof
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by COZZFATHER View Post
                          just looked on rac routeplanner and it was 1034 miles from chester to st tropez.

them dozy bastards think you can do it in 17 hrs
                          Marseille docks to cumbria 24 hrs dead in a transit and trailer with tacograph, 2 drivers.
                          We docked at 8am and I pulled in at work 8am next day - fooked wasn't the word, but the car was quick turn around for the next rally

Comment

There's a french website with the tolls on for each motorway, can i fuck find it again
                            if you find it mate let me know
                            sigpic

Comment

Marseille docks to cumbria 24 hrs dead in a transit and trailer with tacograph, 2 drivers.
                              We docked at 8am and I pulled in at work 8am next day - fooked wasn't the word, but the car was quick turn around for the next rally
                              i bet youve had some good trips away
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X