Retro fitting Aircon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkN View Post
    Long time since I've owned an RS2000, but I did look into fitting air con at the time. If memory serves the ECU is only different in that it lifts the idle speed slightly when the compressor is engaged to stop the engine from dying. You might be able to get away without that feature. The rest of the aircon wiring is relatively simple and could be spliced into the existing loom without too much difficulty.

For some reason I seem to recall that the exhaust manifold may also be different with air con in that one of the lambda probes fouls the compressor, so a revised manifold is fitted with it re-orientated.
    Mark, yeah Nick thinks there is another wire, I can't find any wiring diagrams for the RS2k and the haynes manual I have doesn't show air con
    You don't happen to have any do you?

And you are right the manifold is different and I have one of those coming also

Originally posted by cossiebutcher View Post
    It should be pretty straight forward and if you cant just add wire to ecu you could wire it to powersteering sensor in pipe which raise's idle when steering on lock
    that's not a bad idea at all, you don't know what colour wire or have any diagrams do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Purnell View Post
      Mark, yeah Nick thinks there is another wire, I can't find any wiring diagrams for the RS2k and the haynes manual I have doesn't show air con
      You don't happen to have any do you?

And you are right the manifold is different and I have one of those coming also

that's not a bad idea at all, you don't know what colour wire or have any diagrams do you?
      i should have diagram somewhere mate will have a see if i can find it

gloss black big turbo lux with heated leather's etc .

Comment

Working...
      X