News on opliger box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on opliger box?

Has it ben tested in the uk ? we broke our first one last week.
    WWW.COSWORTHCLUBSWEDEN.SE
    www.jospeed.se

I have one in a 500hp car with no problems and one going in a 650hp one,
    Whats you spec and how/what broke and what spec gears did you have as there was a spec change and manufactor sometime earlier this year from memery.

Mark

Comment

What brokes then?

Comment

did power break it,driving like a loon brake it etc...

need a bit more info on what you think caused it to break.

Dave.

Comment

how hard is it being used if you're gentle with the launches and gear changes and how you come on throttle then your not testing the box if you give it death in all the above catagorys then it's good news for cossie owners

OH FUCK WHAT WAS THAT NOISE

Comment

This is hard english:but the syncro "thing" has come of the first gear.dont know the accurate name for it here.
            www.jospeed.se

Comment

So you just fucked the syncro not the gear itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Swede View Post
                This is hard english:but the syncro "thing" has come of the first gear.dont know the accurate name for it here.
                that shouldn't be too hard to fix, the gears seem to be holding up ok then?

Comment

This is the problem with all these MT75 based gear kits which use the standard ratios. The speed disparity between the gears is too big, so with big power cars that accelerate so quickly, you end up always beating the syncros trying to match the gearchange with the speed of acceleration. The syncros then bur over, and once that happens the change gets progressively worse.

The ONLY cure is to change gear S-L-O-W-L-Y or move to a gear kit with better ratios (such as Fixit* or the new DP Motorsport like in Spirit's car) or dog engagement.

*Even these can be beating if changing gear too aggressively though.
                  Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

How hard is dog engagement for road??

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
                    My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

Drove mine the 275m to and from ND no bother . Three people in car and we had no problem conversing. However, check my resto thread for the prep work for this .
                      Mike Rainbird

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

I guess you have to heel and toe for all down changes??

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
                        My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

Originally posted by warrenpenalver View Post
                          I guess you have to heel and toe for all down changes??
                          Nope. Drive normally at slow speed. The issue is noise, I SAID THE ISSUE IS NOISE, DID YOU HEAR ME, I SAID THE ISSUE IS THE NOISE . Hence all the sound deadening in my car. It is now no louder than the Fixit was (inside the car).
                          Mike Rainbird

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rainbird View Post
                            Nope. Drive normally at slow speed. The issue is noise, I SAID THE ISSUE IS NOISE, DID YOU HEAR ME, I SAID THE ISSUE IS THE NOISE . Hence all the sound deadening in my car. It is now no louder than the Fixit was (inside the car).

I cant actually wait

Its a trolley ...its a shopping trolley (you know, with the spastic front wheel!!)
                            Fastest FWD Ford - 11.7 @129mph (183.99mph Topspeed)

Comment

the problem isnt the syncro it self its the syncro thing that is together whit the gear thats has come lose fron the gear and broke.
                              www.jospeed.se

Comment

Working...
                              X