Would you buy A CAT C repaired car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy A CAT C repaired car

Thinking of buying a CAT C car that has already been repaired. Its not a cossy its a Scooby, and it will probably end up being used as a track car, would anyone have any problems doing something similar.

I've had a CAT D before and it drove sweet as.

The car im looking at has been VIC tested as well

cat c just means it will be cheaper than buyin a straight one and dusnt mater if its just going to be used and abused, vic check only checks vehicle identity not actual repairs, i buy and sell damaged cars, as long as its been repaired properly and not bodged up shud be ok but ask for fotos of before and after if possible as some folk will sell anything and try hide stuff.

Comment

Yes i would, especially for what you want it for too.....ideal.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by escosgaz View Post
        cat c just means it will be cheaper than buyin a straight one and dusnt mater if its just going to be used and abused, vic check only checks vehicle identity not actual repairs, i buy and sell damaged cars, as long as its been repaired properly and not bodged up shud be ok but ask for fotos of before and after if possible as some folk will sell anything and try hide stuff.
        Yeah i think theres before and after pics, he recons the damage wasnt that bad in the first place, but i guess it must of been pretty bad to be cat c.

Just have to have a good check over it

Comment

all depends on the person who assesed it, as some put them on cat c for stupid things like bumper, wing and mirror

Comment

ive had cat b cars that just neded a light and cat d cars that have been a proper mess bent on half

but ye ide have a cat c
            sigpic

1/4 mile 9.52 @ 146mph so far

Comment

ive bought and drove cat c cars for years my theory is they were on the road getting used when they were hit so sometimes its not as big a gamble as buying from trade or auction

A vic check is another way of screwing joe public out of 50 quid total waste of time imo

Comment

IMA if its cheap enough, always remember its hard to sell it on
                regards
                Dene

Comment

ive contemplated this myself.its sell on i worry about,dunno how many people avoid them
                  sigpic

guns for show,knives for a pro

Comment

i would be tempted so long as its been repaired properly and especially as its just gonna be a track car, the the only thing i would worry about is resale but i guess it all comes down to price
                    sigpic

Comment

wouldnt bother me to much if it was repaired correctly and if i was looking to use it as a track car it wouldnt bother me at all being its a cat-c

Comment

As for resale value, as long as you buy it cheap in the first place then you can sell it on cheap, no worries then.

Dave.

Comment

Why not if it 100% driving and bodywise. Could be far straighter than a non recorded car and if it is a bit cheaper happy days.

Comment

Think im gonna get it, its already got half the track car mods fitted and its a good price. Are you allowed to take Cat C cars on race tracks though, in particular the nurburgring!!!

Comment

nurburgring touristfahrten (public days) must be road legal
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X