Sunday night 9 o'clock BBC4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main reason for the manufacturers I guess would be cost
    At present they don't need to build any road versions to qualify for homologation
    XYZ Fabrications
    Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

I went the RAC rally last year, i paid my vastly extortionate amount of money and got into the forests of north wales and the attendance was piss poor,i have seen more people in a fuckin shop que than last years premier motorsports rally.

honest if you went the rac in the 80's 90's you saw the best and with it the best atmoshphere,last years was honestly about as good as a national rally and thats it

that said there was some good cars which made up for it,i hate to admit the minis were good and so were the fiestas and skodas and you can always bet on the late evo 9's to shine !!

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
        The main reason for the manufacturers I guess would be cost
        At present they don't need to build any road versions to qualify for homologation
        That'll definatley be a problem Davieo but imagine the sales figures if production cars were needed for homologation..........

It may even somehow help to kick start the economy a bit more . Okay, maybe not but in my head, it should !!!!!

Originally posted by COZZFATHER View Post
        I went the RAC rally last year, i paid my vastly extortionate amount of money and got into the forests of north wales and the attendance was piss poor,i have seen more people in a fuckin shop que than last years premier motorsports rally.

honest if you went the rac in the 80's 90's you saw the best and with it the best atmoshphere,last years was honestly about as good as a national rally and thats it

that said there was some good cars which made up for it,i hate to admit the minis were good and so were the fiestas and skodas and you can always bet on the late evo 9's to shine !!
        I must have been stood beside you Karl - i wondered who the other person was stood in the pissing rain

Sadly im too young and my dad must be a wierdo as he doesnt really do rallying so i missed out on the 80's stuff - used to race home as quick as my fucked push iron would take me though to watch it on the tele

Mini's and Fiestas were good but sounded to me like they were going alot faster than they actually were (although they definatley were tramping )

For me the problem is that i cant seem to relate to modern day rally cars. Dont get me wrong, i cant exactly relate to an 037 but you get what i mean ?

Comment

Watched this, the S4 Lancia, what a car... but sitting on the fuel tanks? No wonder they band the Group B.

Comment

big malc rekoned it was very difficult to get out of a rs200 when you rolled over and theres a clip i think of the lindisfarne rally where big malc tips the 200 over and before its stopped rolling hes getting his belts undone and making a swfit exit incase it catches fire which they were known for
            the thing with a s4 too is your sat on the tanks but in a jumbo jet your sat between 2 of the biggest tanks going............. thats mad an all

Comment

Got round to watching it last night............. bloody great

The spectator that got hit by the car and blamed the driver annoyed me though............... his analogy was that if a car hits a house it's the drivers fault, which it is, but since when does a house jump out in front of a car and wrong foot the driver causing him to make a correction he doesn't want to do

If you put yourself in harms way then take some bloody responsibility for your actions

Not unlike the family of the woman her set herself alight with petrol in the kitchen................... how can they blame Francis Maude for that ? He may be a pleb but he isn't responsible for her lack of common sense, though i do wish her a speedy recovery

Comment

Working...
              X