anyone here had a house built?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks great and amazing views!
    Did you find it stressful project managing?
    I work full time so I think I will have no choice but to hire one main contractor to run and manage the job.
    Not sure how much extra this adds but was thinking what it cost extra on the build it may save me in time.
    We will have to rent another property whilst this one is being done so the quicker it's finished the less rent I will have to pay which I guess will be upto 1k a month inc bills.

Comment

Finally under way, looking forward to having a garage after 11 years!

Comment

Comment

Still deciding if we push the budget for flush casement windows and air source heat pump etc

Comment

image hosters

Comment

Great stuff mate, I'm quite envious.
              XYZ Fabrications
              Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Cheers Dave,
                wife asking why the garage isn’t much smaller than the house.....

Comment

Lush Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
                    Cheers Dave,
                    Mans needs haha

Comment

Dan as you know ive just built a big 4 bed, double what you predict cost wise mate, money goes like water with so many hidden costs, easy to go over the top too, ive just bought another half acre at back of mine so im planning another build in next couple of year, big workshop is currently happening.

handy to have a small excavator to i bought a 3ton unit, old but does everything a new one can just a bit slower

Comment

I’ve got one company project managing the complete build Rob so not worried about the budget too much.
                        They did say if we get out of the ground with no issues (which thankfully we did!) then the only thing that will alter the final price is us changing spec etc.
                        Everything has been priced on a good PC sum so fingers crossed it will stay on track for circa 280k
                        The flush casement windows and ASHP will increase the spend if we go that route.
                        Also now gone bifold in the lounge so extra spend there.

Comment

Comment

tell her youve not even started on the house,they are both your garages lol

Comment

That would get a good reaction!
                              Bricks are now onsite, look nothing like they should, hopefully I just need to get a few out to see what they will look like

Comment

Working...
                              X