Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbo Dilema, editted: Solved Twin Scroll BW EFR 7670 it is then.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Dilema, editted: Solved Twin Scroll BW EFR 7670 it is then.

Jim & Harvey will be getting my car 2nd week Jan for his 550 bhp engine using a T4.
    BUT
    Before I commit, I like the spool of my T35 that's fitted atm but I know it wont produce the necessary air flow for 550 bhp.

So whats available....cost not important .....than Jim could use to produce the 550 ota power I want

Sorry Jim if we have discusses this already but I wouldn't mind a forum consensus. I have always said I'm old Skool, but I do like the spool of the turbo I have.

Whats out there atm I could consider that Jim could use.
    Last edited by Sunnysidebb; 23-11-2012, 20:35:51.
    sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

You having a full engine build too? Or is your current engine spec sufficient.

GT30 will spool like a 35 but newer models now which are probably better such as the gtx

Comment

Frank,
      To be honest, you're better off telling Jim / Harvey what you want to achieve and they can tell you the different power out puts they have achieved with the different turbos, otherwise you will just end up with anecdotal opinion .

I suspect that you will end up with something like the GTX3071, but will be limited to around 500ish bhp with that. The "T35" is all done in at 400bhp, so nowhere near what you want.
      Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

frank the old addage of turbo lag= wrong gear springs to mind! nowt wrong with the trusty T4 mate, Jimbob the bufty and Harvey will look after your needs and you wont be dissapointed
        xflow way to go!

Comment

You don't mess about do you!!

What you doing with box and diffs???
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigpower View Post
            You don't mess about do you!!

What you doing with box and diffs???

i belive he going fixit on box not sure on diffs

Comment

No harm intended frank but must be a proper pain in the ass for tuners when they go over a spec with the customer then read on a forum later on that the customer is asking for turbo advice with everybody's 2p worth your back to square one

I agree with mike raise your concerns with scs see wha they can come up with im sure they will be able to sort it no bother

Comment

Originally posted by Carlo View Post
                No harm intended frank but must be a proper pain in the ass for tuners when they go over a spec with the customer then read on a forum later on that the customer is asking for turbo advice with everybody's 2p worth your back to square one

I agree with mike raise your concerns with scs see wha they can come up with im sure they will be able to sort it no bother
                Have to agree... and i'm sure by the time your finished it would have been cheaper to buy mike r's

Comment

Originally posted by maxest View Post
                  Have to agree... and i'm sure by the time your finished it would have been cheaper to buy mike r's
                  As much as I don't want mike to sell his one I don't think people realise what you get for the money, my old mallard cost me close to what mike us asking at that was all singing dancing stage3

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecrasher View Post
                    As much as I don't want mike to sell his one I don't think people realise what you get for the money, my old mallard cost me close to what mike us asking at that was all singing dancing stage3

Mine's cost more than Mike is asking and its neither singing nor dancing
                    XYZ Fabrications
                    Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

At the end of the day guys it's no harm done frank having a look on the net and getting different opinions, we have had a chat but if frank wants to do something diff to the original idea then so be it

Ps we have tested some gtx turbos and wouldn't use them ourselves

I do beleive there are better turbos out there especially the latest twin scroll stuff but there is the cost of manifolds then and the bill soon creeps up lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                        Dread to think how much Peggy owes mike

Comment

Twin scroll without doubt,,,, but..... Is this just a cok fight? My cars got 550 bhp na na nanana
                          Wrc cars had 350/400 bhp and would wipe the floor with anything on the road ...5/600 torque tho. And a rev range always in boost....
                          . Better posting what you want the car for and how much it's gonna get used and stuff like that,,, bhp means fluff all really, just a guide
                          Will it be a motorway slag, traffic light grand prix or knockhill brute?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                            your problem is your a wheel whore
                            xflow way to go!

Comment

Ps I had a road going impreza 450 ish bhp but it done standing 1/4 just under11 secs, road tyres full interior.... Once got beat by a 1 ltr micra.... On the road. HUGE lag, wrong gear, he killed me. Don't get me wrong if I'd have dropped 3 gears I'd have minced him but we were on a dual carriageway and I'd have lost my license
                              Horses for courses
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X