Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbo Dilema, editted: Solved Twin Scroll BW EFR 7670 it is then.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark shead View Post
    100% how everyone feels after they have what you have.

Mark
    Is that because the gt35 setup was so shockingly shite tho?

I've never known of or seen one cossy powered car to run sweet on a gt35

Comment

frank, speak to jim cellear about his roller bearing t4. Not much lag at all when you consider its a T4.

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
      My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

Originally posted by SCS j1mbo View Post
        Guys can I just put something across, frank has asked to use a t4 and is now further investigating, we are happy to use this turbo as we have very good head and cam specs but with any tuning scene trying new things is going to keep you busy as people want new things. Scs have done quite a bit with twin scroll many years back (before I was even getting into them) but havnt had much of a market for them so development ceased. There are new turbos on the market and manifolds to suit but what you have to remember is the customers pocket, when you sit and say we can do this engine and package for 15k for example and it will do 'X' or we can do this package for 16.5k and it will do 'x' with 200rpm more response, you'd be surprised how many people would give up on the response!

The thing I like with frank is he's a technical guy (much more so than me in some cases!) and is now learning after being out of the scene for years that this have changed, and he's exploring away which is good, we can all learn from projects like this.

The engine isn't built but a basic spec and a few parts are together, so we may well end up down the later turbo route yet chaps
        Excellent reponse Jim,
        I had a spare bit of cash I was putting aside for the rear beam mod etc, but I could divert the funds to do a Twin Scroll BW EFR 7670 if Jim is happy with the idea. in the end I can ask sa many questions as i want but .........its Jim/Harveys final say so that will count with me.
        sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
        www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Ben, personally the gt35 is the worse turbo I've ever driven on a car before, changed the turbo for a similar item and the surge was instantly gone and it went much better

Warren, I have a ball bearing t4 and dyno results including run through tests we done look promising

Comment

Originally posted by cossyking View Post
            if you go twin scroll mate you never go back and if harvey wont do it i think you using the wrong tuner coz you will never believe how different it is. Mark Sheid is your man as he uses modern tec rather than 20yrs ago
            that's quiet harsh

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecrasher View Post
              Is that because the gt35 setup was so shockingly shite tho?

I've never known of or seen one cossy powered car to run sweet on a gt35
              My GT35 conversions are quite good, But running a properly designed twin scroll manifold with a BW EFR is on a diff planet, You would notice a twin scroll set up even before you get to the end of the road apon first driving it,
              Its not only boost threshold there is no lag on gear change and even just cruising on the motorway,
              They are just diff anywhere it is difficult to understand the diff untill you have driven one,
              There are lots of poor quality twin scroll kits so you need to be carefull.

Mark

Comment

There was something Mark said about one of the turbo's he mentioned to me and I cant remember exactly what he said about waste gates and manifolds. I'm sure at the time we spoke the aforementioned turbo only came with an external wastegate which is a non starter for me. Which IIRC that's why I didn't pursue the issue any further with mark.

is this now still the case or can the Twin Scroll BW EFR 7670 be used on a 2wd manifold and mongoose exhaust. Plus is it available with internal wastegate
                sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by warrenpenalver View Post
                  frank, speak to jim cellear about his roller bearing t4. Not much lag at all when you consider its a T4.
                  There is lag compared to a EFR twin scroll.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
                    There was something Mark said about one of the turbo's he mentioned to me and I cant remember exactly what he said about waste gates and manifolds. I'm sure at the time we spoke the aforementioned turbo only came with an external wastegate which is a non starter for me. Which IIRC that's why I didn't pursue the issue any further with mark.

is this now still the case or can the Twin Scroll BW EFR 7670 be used on a 2wd manifold and mongoose exhaust. Plus is it available with internal wastegate
                    You can get them in T4 flange internal gated twin scroll.

Mark

Comment

You can get them in T4 flange internal gated twin scroll.

Mark
                      Thanks Mark.
                      I do feel like a cunt at times , your always so good with your advice and answers even though you know your not getting the work.
                      No word of lie your a top bloke for even answering my questions. Many would have said fook off then I'm not helping. Thanks once more.

I'm going to ask Jim to look into that very option: T4 flange internal gated twin scroll.
                      Ive still got time to decide.
                      sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SCS j1mbo View Post
                        Guys can I just put something across, frank has asked to use a t4 and is now further investigating, we are happy to use this turbo as we have very good head and cam specs but with any tuning scene trying new things is going to keep you busy as people want new things. Scs have done quite a bit with twin scroll many years back (before I was even getting into them) but havnt had much of a market for them so development ceased. There are new turbos on the market and manifolds to suit but what you have to remember is the customers pocket, when you sit and say we can do this engine and package for 15k for example and it will do 'X' or we can do this package for 16.5k and it will do 'x' with 200rpm more response, you'd be surprised how many people would give up on the response!

The thing I like with frank is he's a technical guy (much more so than me in some cases!) and is now learning after being out of the scene for years that this have changed, and he's exploring away which is good, we can all learn from projects like this.

The engine isn't built but a basic spec and a few parts are together, so we may well end up down the later turbo route yet chaps
                        No doubt Jim he wants the options imo there is only about 3 a borg Warner, a t4 or gtx series...

Having used a gt series and having known people with t4s and seeing graphs and that I know after owning the 7670 this is far better. Also I'm no techie I fry chips! However a graph doesn't tell how the car drives on the road. Mine cost me 3k for the turbo, manifold. Imo money well spend for the way it picks up. I would spend the same again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamski View Post
                          No doubt Jim he wants the options imo there is only about 3 a borg Warner, a t4 or gtx series...

Having used a gt series and having known people with t4s and seeing graphs and that I know after owning the 7670 this is far better. Also I'm no techie I fry chips! However a graph doesn't tell how the car drives on the road. Mine cost me 3k for the turbo, manifold. Imo money well spend for the way it picks up. I would spend the same again tomorrow.
                          Totally agree ad, after ,y t4 top speed attempt I do think I'll be down the same route pal

Comment

So big qoestion is:

What would a T4 flange internal gated twin scroll cost and what would it cost with the proper manifold
                            sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
                              So big qoestion is:

What would a T4 flange internal gated twin scroll cost and what would it cost with the proper manifold
                              About 1k-1200 manifold plus gaskets etc 1700ish for turbo so can be done for around 3k plus labour and exhaust mods @scs I have bought stuff of Jim and Harvey and it's top stuff and there cool but I've always used mark to tune mine imo there's nothing wrongwith using everyone me and hHarvey and Jim even exchanged love notes

Comment

My GT35 conversions are quite good, But running a properly designed twin scroll manifold with a BW EFR is on a diff planet, You would notice a twin scroll set up even before you get to the end of the road apon first driving it,
                                Its not only boost threshold there is no lag on gear change and even just cruising on the motorway,
                                They are just diff anywhere it is difficult to understand the diff untill you have driven one,
                                There are lots of poor quality twin scroll kits so you need to be carefull.

Mark
                                What sort of power are they making on the gr35 mark? Are there many of them about, cars I would have seen on track or at shows ect? I personally would love a twin scroll setup as I'm all about response and hate lag like the masses...

Comment

Working...
                                X