No announcement yet.

B&M shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seem like a lot of mixed views on this? Ive got one but not fitted it yet. Bought it a while back, decided to wait to fit it untill I change the clutch save the hassle.

Is this what i need to do with the spring then? Tape it up?

Steve

Comment

ive a b&m one and i hate it!!! a standard one would be better!! as soon as i can be arsed to get the tools out i'm going to try one of mikes one and try and fit the nice b&m gear knob to it, if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by dom123 View Post
        ive a b&m one and i hate it!!! a standard one would be better!! as soon as i can be arsed to get the tools out i'm going to try one of mikes one and try and fit the nice b&m gear knob to it, if possible.
        You need to have retained your standard gearstick then .
        Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

I had a B&M one, it was crap. Yes it was rattling, and the locking ring by the knuckle/blue part kept popping out so the whole thing dropped down. Overpriced and crap in my opinion. Mikes one is much better, my B&M was replaced with this

Comment

I dislike any quick shift, Its easy to beat the synco's on the box so why would you want to destroy them,
            Get ride of the rubber in the stick is all you need to do other than making sure the bushes are in good nick.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by richyx View Post
              never had a problem with the b+, quickshift, yes the dreaded rattle but thats just the lift up spring inside, just wrap the spring in a bit of tape and job done

takes about an hr to fit with gearbox in situ

they are expensive for what they are, but a hell lot better than std, but i had no choice in the sierra as when i put it in 2nd the std gearstick would hit the handbrake
              How do you split the shifter to fit the tape to the spring? Knock out the roll pin and strip it apart or does the gearknob unscrew and take it apart that way?

Steve

Comment

they can be done with the box in but they are a bit fiddley but not to time consuming
                if you have the time be able to take the box out its a doddle to swap over

upsetting the establishment on PF since 2000 http://thealpinaregister.com/forums/

Comment

I have a B&M its its superb, no rattles or noises at all. Goes in lovely every time.

Comment

Working...
                  X