Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Purnell View Post
    Have you got any pictures of your work?
    I've got hundreds of photos and examples of cars from the 1930's to brand new stuff that we've worked on and we've done all kinds of weird and wonderful things. To be honest, when we take on a large project we much prefer people to come and have a look at us and the processes we go through as to be blunt, any old rubbish can look nice and shiny in a photo!

Here's one example of a concours prep we carried out. Non-Ford content but a car from the same sort of era.

Comment

Originally posted by cossimc View Post
      If it was me I would get the whole shell dipped in acid and start there ! To be honest I think any professional restorer would prefere that
      It doesn't necessarily need to be acid dipped, but at least going back to bare metal first (acid is perfect, yes) is the ideal scenario for any restorer as they can see what they're faced with, as can the owner of the car.

It's better (and cheaper) to start with a basket case than a car that the owner paid good money for and believes it's in decent condition, only to uncover all manner of horrors lurking under the paint and everywhere else and need to spend hour upon hour undoing shoddy work.

Comment

Gorgeous Oak Green valver Mike.
        Too many projects, not enough time.

Comment

Wow that golf looks great, looks like you are very meticulous!

Comment

That golf looks stunning..

By the sounds of things your looking at spending a lot of money on the car,, wouldn't it be better to just sell that and buy an unrestored mint ball,, prob work out cheaper in the long run and be a more valuable vehicle

Something like this...

http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=561977

Comment

Stunning Golf, all time favourite car in the best colour

Your work looks stunning, I am a mapie and love shiney bits.

D

Comment

Originally posted by devil View Post
                Stunning Golf, all time favourite car in the best colour

Your work looks stunning, I am a mapie and love shiney bits.

D
                Cheers guys, I don't know what it is about us and Oak Green GTI's!

Here's another we did, but totally different way of going about it. No Concours detailing on this one as it's a daily driver, but still a clean and tidy looking car

and another arrived for full resto

Comment

Originally posted by Mike C View Post
                  Cheers guys, I don't know what it is about us and Oak Green GTI's!

Here's another we did, but totally different way of going about it. No Concours detailing on this one as it's a daily driver, but still a clean and tidy looking car

http://i62.tinypic.com/epryo4.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/w22kb5.jpg

and another arrived for full resto

http://i62.tinypic.com/14mgs4l.jpg
                  Awesome job you've done on both cars mate! I'm liking the look of the daily. Audi handles and deleted side repeaters looks make a huge difference.

Comment

Cheers! Yeah, it's a nice looking car. I love the concours standard one, but that's nice and subtly modified and looks really fresh and goes pretty well too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike C View Post
                      Cheers! Yeah, it's a nice looking car. I love the concours standard one, but that's nice and subtly modified and looks really fresh and goes pretty well too.
                      Have you got a link to your business ? Your standards look very high

Comment

very nice work

Comment

Your work does look very good mate

As jules said have you got a website to look on, where you based,

Comment

That work on the golf is perfect

Comment

Cheers for the comments.

Our website is still under construction, just struggling time wise to get it finished off at the moment due to work commitments etc, but really need to get on it as demand is high at the moment.

As said, plenty of photos and examples available of all kinds of work.

We're in Bridgnorth, Shropshire. Pretty central to the country.

Comment

That Golf is absolutely fantastic. I had a VR6, and loved it. It's nice to see people still have deep pockets to restore cars to their former glory. When I was having my car re-sprayed, they were restoring an original Fait 500, not the modern one you get today. When I asked how much that was going to cost they said probably around £30K when finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X