Potential orders for 18 inch escoz replica wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rscosworthman View Post
    Of course - a bit more concave is possible here, albeit limited by the fact that we want to keep the ET around 25mm and the fact that the stock center caps should still fit, I think we cannot do 'extreme concave'.

Once I have the design in 3D I will make two versions: original and more concave.
    Been following this thread a little bit, and yes, agree with that statement regarding concave style after thinking about it before you replied. The offset, centre cap, and maintaining correct physical proportions of the wheel will have a boundary for how much 'concaveness' you can achieve at 18".

ET25 is the original 16" Ford offset. The batches of aftermarket 18" had two offsets; ET25 and ET15.

Big brake setups were a problem with ET25 however Reyland claim to do a 4-Pot 350mm brake setup.

Good luck with these wheels
    Last edited by PaulRSCos; 13-07-2015, 11:50:59. Reason: Update offsets...ET25 and ET15 not ET20.

Comment

• 18x8 et25 will be a repeat of the comlaints about the existing version. Not enough dish, offset or brake clearance.

Edit Paul beat me to it.
      Cheers
      John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

• http://www.redbubble.com/people/yeom...55&p=art-print
        Cheers
        John

Comment

• Originally posted by mikedaf2 View Post
          18X8 would be fine for me also as i would still like to be able to drive the car without the tires arching out or rubbing on the front wheel arch liners!
          18x8 with 225/40/18 tyres have never rubbed with mine but I suppose suspension setup should also be factored into this as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsa View Post
            18x8 et25 will be a repeat of the comlaints about the existing version. Not enough dish, offset or brake clearance.
            Nice graphic ;-).

Just to get this absolutely clear, as I don't understand it yet 100%. Just as PaulRSCos indicates - my 16" fit nice and snug over the brakes, and I assumed that the 18" would do so too.

Are we talking here about the desire to fit 6-pots brakes with the 18 inches?
            18x9J inch delivered! New (and probably last) batch being produced as we speak - se posts here

Comment

• I am afraid yes, rscosworthman
              It would be perfect to design them so they could take 380 mm brakes, like OZ Mags 18's. But I don't know if it is possible looking at the fronts of these wheels.

Comment

• I'll put my name down on a list for a set sounds positive

Comment

• Originally posted by KR54321 View Post
                  ...would be perfect to design them so they could take 380 mm brakes...
                  I know two guys in the Netherlands with Groupe A rally version escos, I believe they have 380mm 6pots with compomotive wheels, so I might pay them a visit to have a look. As long as the 'looks' and the core strength of the wheels are not damaged by it and it is just a matter of adjusting the back of the wheel a bit, there is nothing against it.
                  18x9J inch delivered! New (and probably last) batch being produced as we speak - se posts here

Comment

• Yes clearance for larger brakes and multi piston brakes. I've read some having trouble with 350mm and 4 pots.
                    Cheers
                    John

Comment

Great! I will keep this in mind. Can you check whether she will be in the Hangzhou/Shanghai area around end of August?
                      Should be seeing her on sat mate so will find out exactly when she is backwards and forwards for the next few months

Comment

Yes clearance for larger brakes and multi piston brakes. I've read some having trouble with 350mm and 4 pots.
                        Going to 9 inch width would provide us with 12mm of space extra on both sides, without changing ET. I would prefer to stick with ET 25mm because of neutral steering.

Comment

• Is this happening ??? How much

Comment

Going to 9 inch width would provide us with 12mm of space extra on both sides, without changing ET. I would prefer to stick with ET 25mm because of neutral steering.
                            If the hub and spokes stay the same with 1/2" more rim on each side, then the hub and spokes are still the same distance from the caliper.

So spokes need to push out at the perimeter, and maybe less so at the hub giving more spoke angle which was mentioned higher up.

It is quite easy to remove material from the hub face after manufacture. Manufacture with an offset having more hub face material than et25 could allow for a finished product suitable to more people. ET could then be tweeked post production by material removal.
                            Cheers
                            John

Comment

If the hub and spokes stay the same with 1/2" more rim on each side, then the hub and spokes are still the same distance from the caliper.

So spokes need to push out at the perimeter, and maybe less so at the hub giving more spoke angle which was mentioned higher up.

It is quite easy to remove material from the hub face after manufacture. Manufacture with an offset having more hub face material than et25 could allow for a finished product suitable to more people. ET could then be tweeked post production by material removal.
                              Good points, if we go for 9 inch width, we can use the one extra inch width to give the spokes more angle (thus creating deeper look). Then we can even keep ET25, as you will have ~10mm more space around the area where the calipers are.

The other suggestion I understand from your post is to keep 8 inch width but do ET12/15 for example and then, if people really want 'original' ET25, they can have the wheel machined. Also clever solution.

or both of course

Comment

• Yes 8 or 9 or 9-1/2 could be done like that.

I haven't given a lot of thought on offset for wider versions. Really need to spend a bit of time under the car considering how it fits with various tyre options.

My gut feel is the outer face of the wheels needs to be pushed out some.
                                Cheers
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X