No announcement yet.

Fuel Pump + Pipes for 500bhp Esc Cos??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump + Pipes for 500bhp Esc Cos??

Ive been reading through the threads for fueling options for my Esc Cos. Im getting a 500bhp engine in a few weeks, so will be ordering a new wiring loom from Promethius ( ). Problem is what fuel system should I be using to cope with 500bhp??

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

I use a in tank 023 feeding a single 044 pump with a SCS Swirl pot and Bosch WRC FRP

Comment

Got any pics please Paul? I know mine's got an uprated in tank setup, but not sure what its got (Currently running 400bhp) and standard FPR.

Comment

The uprated in tank pump will be fine as a low presure pump purely feeding a swirl pot, just means you will have to alter the routing of the fuel lines slightly.
        From the swirl pot you have 2 options, either run a single 044 pump to feed the fuel rail or if your possibly likely to want more power at a later date then have the swirl pot fabricated to feed 2 fuel pumps (2xstandard 2wd pumps) which in turn then feed the fuel rail.

The return from the fuel rail will need to be re directed to the swirl pot, and then the swirl pot overflow to return back to the tank.

The beauty of this setup is that you stick with the standard tank and everything else can be easily fitted snug/discreet and easily under the car

Comment

i have a pic in the for sale section showing the twin set up

Comment

dunccos have could you please spill the beans on your fuel set up? whats size hoses you have used? how many filters you run? do you run one way valves on the fuel pumps? whats the adaptor called where both your pumps go into one..

i cant get my head round the 2x2wd fuel pumps arnt they like £20 cheaper? sure you may as well fit 044's atleast if you brake the car you will get good money for them?

or am i wrong on the price?

Comment

right you fit an uprated pump in the tank that then runs in -6 to the standard fuel filter and then from that to the fuel pot in -6, then you run a -6 back from the fuel pot to the tank, at the fuel pot you can run one 044 but thats only just about good enouth for 500bhp or 2 standard fuel pumps good for about 600bhp, so from the fuel pot you have a small bit of -10 to the pump then you need an inline filter then its to the fuel rail and then from the fuel pressure reg back to the fuel pot, if you use 2 pumps then you will need a y connector to link it all befor the filter. i havent got non return valves unless they are built into the pump ends, all my fuel lines are -6 and plastic coated so they dont smell and the good thing about running 2 pumps is that they are not running flat out at 500bhp and if you want a bit more power then you dont need to change it unless you want over 600bhp and then you will need to run an extra fuel line and 2 044 pumps and get rid of the y connector, hope that makes sense and i got all my bits from earls in silverstone and if anyone wants i can get it for them with quite a nice discount

Comment

thanks dunccoss ive been looking for one of those an-6 y fitting on his web site but no luck, where did you get the fuel swirl pot from?

can you remember what model fuel line you used?

cheers

Comment

you can get the hose from a good hose manufacturer like pirtek ETC... i run PTFE lines also hence no smell then got the ends pressed on, not cheap BUT just as expensive as rubber lines and aeroquip if not cheaper! i paid about £200 for my hose, fittings cost hardly nothing but my fuel lines are about 8-10mm bore, so -8 is not needed the ones i use will flow plenty of fuel for 600hp easy so no need for running 2 feed lines or as said -8...

Comment

Originally posted by dom123 View Post
                    thanks dunccoss ive been looking for one of those an-6 y fitting on his web site but no luck, where did you get the fuel swirl pot from?

can you remember what model fuel line you used?

cheers
                    got my fuel pot from harvy at scs and the fuel line is the speed-flex for fuel

Comment

can u pm me dunc wat it wud cost for u to get me the exact same setup on ur car please

Comment

me too please dunc all did you find your list of bits you used? sorry if ive asked so many questions, i've never worked with aeroquip so its all new to me..

cheers

Comment

basically pumps cost about £120 each plus the hose say £200 odd then fittings £50 then a swirl pot (prices vary from £100-£200) So if dunc hasn't replied yet you need to look for about £500-£600 max

HTH

Ad

EDIT--- forgot to say if you need a uprated FPR too your looking for about another £100-200 for a good one i have a SARD one

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, pics (Duncan ) and general info. Looks like I will need an 044 pump, swirl pot, fittings and pipes. Where can I get all these from for a good price (i.e. cheap )

Where's the best place to locate everything under the car? and how's best to attach it to the chassis? I don't fancy drilling loads of holes in the chassis if I don't have to.

Comment

where dunc has shown you is the bes place thats where all of us have put it and harvey can do you the swirl pot and the lines as said pritek or something for the ptfe lines

Comment

Working...
                              X