Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC based Pectel Monitor Software - 100% FREE

Hi All,

Some of you may not know that I have developed a PC based Pectel Monitor software program.
    It is 100% free to download and use and does not contain any form of spyware or advertising or require any form of registration etc....

INTRODUCTION
    The program is "work in progress" but is now at a stage where it works well enough for public use.

This latest version will now communicate with an ECU now provided you have a suitable lead.
    I do not sell the leads but have given details on how to make them.
    At this point in time, you will need a built in serial port on the computer or one that is provided by a PCMCIA slot.
    Use of a USB to serial interface is not recomended at this point in time.

If you want to try this software without a car or do not have a lead, just select the ECU type "demo" in the options menu and select online from the main menu and it will behave as if a car is connected and being run !

Several features have been disabled such as global adjustments for safety reasons at this point in time as you could blow up your engine if you dont know what you are doing ! LOL
    When updates are available for new features, they are free too !

Here is a sample screen shot...

You can resize all displays by dragging the corners and also right click on each display to edit its properties !!

Also, dont like the background picture ? well use your own !
    Copy your picture file (must be JPG) to the C:\FPM folder and rename it to BACKGROUND.
    Restart the software for changes to take effect and ensure the image is enabled in the properties menu option.

Please note, not all data is available when the engine is stopped or depending on options in the ecu chip..
    This is a design flaw in the chip software and not in this software although I have a work around for this very soon.
    Not all pectel chips have the data stream enabled and some have limitations.
    Other chips such as MSD's will work too if data stream has been enabled in the chip.

INSTALLATION
    Please note, you do not need to join my forum to use or download this software but if you want to join in the devlopment process, you are more than welcome to take part

Download ZIP file and extract to default folder of C:\FPM
    (This has to be in this folder)

Download here....
    http://www.L8ECU.co.uk/Projects/FPM/FPM_V12.zip

MAKE YOUR OWN LEAD
    A circuit diagram for the DIY lead is here...

(Save this file and view in paintbrush as a web page wont show it very well)

I hope at some point in the near future to have a 3rd party source for ready made leads.

Thanks to the site admin for allowing me to share this here

Enjoy
    Last edited by SECS; 15-11-2010, 13:34:21. Reason: Spelling mistakes..LOL

Cool I'll take a look later

Comment

Hats off to you mate just wish I had something to plug it into.

RS500 8 injector T4 515 BHP
      Restored, Built and Setup by M.A.S Tuning
      The Never Ending Story......
      HERE

Comment

Will this work on p8 also??

Comment

Originally posted by grcossie View Post
          Will this work on p8 also??
          Yes provided the P8 has comms enabled in the chip and has the ECU has had the hardware modification needed to run it.
          (just like you need for a standard original pectel monitor)

Comment

can you please explain in dumb arse terms what this? am i right in thinking i could plug my lap top into my l8 ecu(as long as the comunication is enabled) and have my lap top screen giving me all my ecu info while i drive??

Comment

can u buy a full version to edit the fuel & ign tables etc?
              WWW.COSWORTHCLUBSWEDEN.SE
              www.jospeed.se

Comment

simon i still have one of your first secs monitors, the one in the white case still works perfect. i also have a l6 ecu with pectel board that works my pectel monitor but i like the look of this where does the lead go in the loom in the diognostic plug like the pectel, pardon my little brain, and it free

Comment

downloaded this. looks good. look forward to trying this on my car.

for all my tuning needs i use Turbosystems 07587188434. ask for tony

Comment

it doesnt work on my computer it has a warning come up and it loads it continuously untill i turn my computer off!

Comment

you need to extract it into c:\fpm. (as it says) i didn't do that first time and mine did the same. saved it to c:\fpm now it works a treat. i just couldn't get it to demo.

Comment

can you explain in more detail mate?

Comment

when you open the zipped folder it askes you where you want to save it. you need to type in C:\fpm. hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by dom123 View Post
                            am i right in thinking i could plug my lap top into my l8 ecu(as long as the comunication is enabled) and have my lap top screen giving me all my ecu info while i drive??
                            Yes

Originally posted by Swede View Post
                            can u buy a full version to edit the fuel & ign tables etc?
                            In the future, this will readout the tables but you cannot edit them live but it will allow you to save them to disk.
                            I am working on another program that does live mapping but thats another subject

Originally posted by xpackboy View Post
                            simon i still have one of your first secs monitors, the one in the white case still works perfect. i also have a l6 ecu with pectel board that works my pectel monitor but i like the look of this where does the lead go in the loom in the diognostic plug like the pectel, pardon my little brain, and it free
                            Nice one

Yes it goes to the same connections as a pectel monitor on the ECU, but you cant use both at the same time.

Originally posted by dom123 View Post
                            it doesnt work on my computer it has a warning come up and it loads it continuously untill i turn my computer off!
                            What is the warning message ?

Originally posted by mallard man View Post
                            you need to extract it into c:\fpm. (as it says) i didn't do that first time and mine did the same. saved it to c:\fpm now it works a treat. i just couldn't get it to demo.
                            Yes sorry, I need to write a proper instalation program for it which will be done very soon on the next update.

To get it into demo mode, select the "Application" menu then "properties" item and "demo" in the "ECU Type" then press the "save" button.
                            Then from the "ECU" menu, select "ONLINE" then it should spring into demo mode.

Originally posted by mallard man View Post
                            when you open the zipped folder it askes you where you want to save it. you need to type in C:\fpm. hope this helps
                            Spot on , sorry I forget other people are not as computer literate as me..LOL

Comment

Error looks like this Simon....

Cheers, Kev.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X