No announcement yet.

suspension people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me neither . I have forwarded this link to my supplier to pass on to Koni to see what they have to say for themselves. Hopefully they will carry out a simple mod to the shoulder so that these can seat properly and prevent this from happening .
    Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
      JESUS!
      Didnt know they could do that!!!
      Jase, the worrying thing is that you dont have to hit one large or bad pothole for the kink to establish..........

You can hit an "everyday" pothole (shallow depth, so the local council do not deem it to be bad enough to repair), the type that you cannot avoid so have to drive over for several weeks/months on a routine journey, this is a situation where the kink gets worse on a daily basis.

Notice that 99% of the time it's the passenger side that gets bent, as in this case with Niel.

Comment

Shame, because I adored my Koni's!!

But would have second thoughts about fitting them again till that was addressed!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rainbird View Post
          Me neither . I have forwarded this link to my supplier to pass on to Koni to see what they have to say for themselves. Hopefully they will carry out a simple mod to the shoulder so that these can seat properly and prevent this from happening .
          Not the only Koni product I've seen fail, we've had big problems with their shocks we use on coaches. Quite a few of them have even in half, new ones are recieved leaking oil etc... The ones I've just mentioned have been made in a specific period though, could this be the case with the Cosworth ones too? They normally have production week/year stamped into them.

Comment

Originally posted by JHS View Post
            Not the only Koni product I've seen fail, we've had big problems with their shocks we use on coaches. Quite a few of them have even in half, new ones are recieved leaking oil etc... The ones I've just mentioned have been made in a specific period though, could this be the case with the Cosworth ones too? They normally have production week/year stamped into them.
            Whatever they have to say, I will report back .
            Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

well.looks like i have to do some careful thinking before i purchase more shocks for when its back.
              if the car was movable i'd get it out and take pics but its too heavy to push on my own

i literally cant even get my little finger between the arch and tyre on the p/s but the d/s i can get my bird finger in!
              sigpic

guns for show,knives for a pro

Comment

anyone know if the standard mototcraft are gas or oil filled?
                Andy

Comment

Originally posted by rsnissan View Post
                  anyone know if the standard mototcraft are gas or oil filled?
                  Both iirc Andy, as in oil above the piston and gas below or visa versa

Comment

great piece of info , glad i read this , i was about to replace my elderly konis with a new set . does anyone run bilsteins with ahmed springs ? perhaps these would be a good alternative.

stookay

Comment

Nice one Paul, I was thinking about the mod you did to your konis, if the hole is elongated effectively the hub is now higher up so it meets the sholder on the shock. Doesnt this change the arc of the hub and increase the neg camber?

Just think out loud and may be talking bollokcs, but just wondered what to do as i am looking at soting my suspension out before the car is back out
                      Andy

Comment

Nice one Paul, I was thinking about the mod you did to your konis, if the hole is elongated effectively the hub is now higher up so it meets the sholder on the shock. Doesnt this change the arc of the hub and increase the neg camber?

Just think out loud and may be talking bollokcs, but just wondered what to do as i am looking at soting my suspension out before the car is back out
                        It only has the same effect as lowering the car the 8mm or so in question

Comment

ok sweet, had you done the mod already for by that time of the Fast ford shoot. the stance of your car is maybe its the -8mm from the mod you did
                          Andy

Comment

ok sweet, had you done the mod already for by that time of the Fast ford shoot. the stance of your car is maybe its the -8mm from the mod you did
                            Yup....sorted the strut's while the wheels were off for painting fella.

So the timeline is silver before mod, gold after

Comment

Nicked this pic off one of Paul Ripley's threads,

but you can see what I mean by the strut holding off the shoulder

Comment

now everyone will be checking there shockswould never of thought it would go down like thatNeil iam pretty sure sapphire cos 4x4 are the same shock but diffrent springs for the ride height mate

Comment

Working...
                                X