No announcement yet.

suspension people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH, now I've seen all this I'd await written conformation from Koni that they've resolved this issue before buying again........ And I loved my car on konis!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
      TBH, now I've seen all this I'd await written conformation from Koni that they've resolved this issue before buying again........ And I loved my car on konis!
      Me too!
      Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

This is all too difficult, i am just gonna fit leafsprings
        Andy

Comment

i think everyones confused now then,me included,mine have a smaller triangular koni sticker than normal but are flat bottomed,ive took a better pic so you can see how much they protrude from the bottom of the hub compared to pauls domed ones
          Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
              i think everyones confused now then,me included,mine have a smaller triangular koni sticker than normal but are flat bottomed,ive took a better pic so you can see how much they protrude from the bottom of the hub compared to pauls domed ones
              I reckon the hole location for the pinch bolt is elongated to much!! Look how the shock and bracket stick out from the base of the hub carrier!!
              Shonky shonk!
              phone > 07969 182540

Comment

they are brand new chris,not been modded at all

Comment

? wtf?
                  They sit so much lower than previous ones, as you can see!
                  Perhaps as they kept bending, they were modified to sit deeper in the carrier, which is ok....until the wheels rub, and the alignment is off!
                  phone > 07969 182540

Comment

Doesn't seem unusually deep to me ?

These are my LEDAs...
                    Mike Rainbird

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

• It's not how deep, it's that if they are both KONI, why are they different, why have they been changed?
                      phone > 07969 182540

Comment

• Originally posted by cossymad View Post
                        It's not how deep, it's that if they are both KONI, why are they different, why have they been changed?
                        That is what I am trying to get to the bottom of . I "think" they have been changed to seat better so they don't bend. However, I am awaiting confirmation of that .
                        Mike Rainbird

Comment

• Originally posted by rsnissan View Post
                          This is all too difficult, i am just gonna fit leafsprings
                          ha ha lol would be great all rounder me thinks lol, hugh

Comment

• Originally posted by cossymad View Post
                            ? wtf?
                            They sit so much lower than previous ones, as you can see!
                            Perhaps as they kept bending, they were modified to sit deeper in the carrier, which is ok....until the wheels rub, and the alignment is off!
                            maybe the bodies are slightly longer to make up for it? we will have to wait for mike to find out

Comment

• ok been out at the car today, took out the bolt that holds the shock on the front hub dropped the koni down to where it rests on the top of the hub then redrilled out the hole again done this on both front koni's after fitted wheels back on took it for we spin came back had another look, looking at the top of the p.side front tyre, the top of the tyre run's level to the top edge of the spring cup.. on the d.side looking at the top of the tyre, the top of the tyre runs level to the bottom of the spring cup

but the bottom of the p.side koni sticks down more thn the drivers side koni, this is bound to affect the handling of the car? think i might end up putting on my gas coilovers they couldn't be as bad as theses koni's at the minute, hugh

Comment

• The problem is the same with Bilstein shocks:

And the guilty shock:

Comment

Working...
                                X