fitting reyland 300mm rear discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting reyland 300mm rear discs

am i right in thinking that the backing plate needs to be cut to allow the new bracket to take the bolts? just trial fitted mine and this looks as if it must be cut unless i have bracket round wrong way. also the rubber flexi pipe from rear beam to the calliper seems pretty stretched now does these remain standard or is it advisible to fit slighty longer one? cheers.

i have heard you have to cut backing plate back but could be wrong and i got the braided pipes that wenny or blacky was doing

Comment

you do have to give them a little trim Gaz.

you need to angle the bracket so you dont move the caliper back further to the rear of the car as the handbrake cable will not reach if you do that

Comment

We had to trim the back plate (Mine was rusted anyway) to fit the 300mm conversion, you will need longer braided lines aswell

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

Comment

escos gaz when you do get to fit these can you put some pics up as you are doing it, i am going to get a kit as well soon.

Comment

hi

I may be able to help here......

Heres how i cut mine so the 2 bolts could be accessed,these were brand new shields too! Remember to paint them after cutting or they'll soon rot!

Should then look like this when fitted

I know its been said on this thread by Kelv to fit the caliper at top and not towards the rear but i didnt have any problem and thats where mine are with the handbrake cable connection or the caliper piping.

From the back you can then get to the 2 bolts now

should look like this then to finish off

I know that Monster makes back plates so he would be able to help with these should you need some.

Mart

Comment

Originally posted by redrsmk5 View Post
              hi

I may be able to help here......

Heres how i cut mine so the 2 bolts could be accessed,these were brand new shields too!

Should then look like this when fitted

I know its been said on this thread by Kelv to fit caliper at top and not towards the rear but i didnt have any problem and thats where mine are with handbrake cable or caliper piping.

From the back you can then get to the 2 bolts now

should look like this then to finish off

I know that Monster makes back plates so he would be able to help with these should you need some.

Mart
              balls i just had my backing plates powder coated ,but thanks for pics great help what you you file or hole cutting tool on drill

Comment

Originally posted by georgie1 View Post
                balls i just had my backing plates powder coated ,but thanks for pics great help what you you file or hole cutting tool on drill
                Wounder these were cut in the drill with a hole tool then de-burred and filed down before final glass papering to make neat and tidy. Over kill i know but attention to detail from my Dad

Comment

spot on that Mart i am sure this will help a lot of us out its defo been a gud help to me, and yor car looks a gudn with all the new bits mate.

Comment

Originally posted by escosgaz View Post
                    spot on that Mart i am sure this will help a lot of us out its defo been a gud help to me, and yor car looks a gudn with all the new bits mate.
                    Cheers Gaz, im happy to help where i can and thank you

Comment

ive always fitted them like kelv says with the caliper at the top as the h/brake cable doent reach,is your a genuine cable mart? maybe its longer than standard or something? weird,as ive fitted 2 sets to diff cars and the cable was too short both times lol

Comment

redmk5rs are they 300mm rear brakes? they look much bigger whats with the painted silver bit on the disc?

Comment

Originally posted by ossie cossie View Post
                          redmk5rs are they 300mm rear brakes? they look much bigger whats with the painted silver bit on the disc?
                          that where the disc rust i guess as rear pads dont touch there but could be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by georgie1 View Post
                            that where the disc rust i guess as rear pads dont touch there but could be wrong
                            Yep thats correct georgie, i hate seeing rust anywhere and this was a simple quick fix.

Yes they are 300mm rears and fill the wheel nicely.

And yes Nick, Genuine cable mate, i was surprised it fitted but it did
                            Last edited by redrsmk5; 07-08-2010, 20:55:48.

Comment

very strange id advise anyone fitting the kit to check the cable for length first then before mounting the caliper to suit

Comment

Working...
                              X