No announcement yet.

Potential orders for 18 inch escoz replica wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have edited two previous posts. The astute among us will have noted it was odd that the wheel to strut distance was significantly different between koni and OEM.

I edited text of another to better describe what the images are of.

Also added several more to understand input from Radman and JHS, and answer the ET25 OEM question.

Originally posted by rscosworthman View Post
    Given the quote above and the stuff I read in the other post I just want to be 100% sure: 18x9 ET25 will also work on OEM geometry right?
    As ride height changes, TCA angle changes and the wheel move in or out a little.

The least clearance is at full lock, to the inner rear of the inside wheel. 16-17mm on my car as it sits.

Inside wheel at full lock is normally going to have that wheel in droop as the car corners, so the clearance opens up as found in the full droop measurements yesterday.

Where it gets interesting is low cornering G at full lock and 25mm more ride height than my car has. More like OEM ride height. No real droop from chassis roll, but possible input loads from speed humps or crossing a gutter to the driveway. Best I could do with the resources at hand is cross load the full lock position to work the suspension bushes.

As shown in the extra pics on the measurement thread, load and lock with 245 equivalent reduces clearance to minimum.

The inner liner at the front of the car is also close on mine but remember my wheel sits 6mm forward of OEM at swaybar height. For OEM, clearance would increase by that amount allowing ET20 or ET25.

My thoughts are ET20 is a better choice for OEM, to give some room on the inner guard at the rear of the wheel.

Or does this also require the small
    ???

If we decide on this as a group that we all want this, I can finalize the design over the coming week.
    Members with ET20 18x9 already continue to disagree with ET25.

I can see that ET20 will fit with the tightest clearance being on the liner across the front. It is flexible plastic and its mounting holes have clearance holes for the mounting screws that allow some adjustment.

As shown in the measurement thread ET25 does not work with coilovers.

As major wheel manufacturers offer 18x9 ET20 for EsCos, one would think they have road tested to settle on that ET. Static measurement is a good starting point but can't beat real road testing.

I think design for ET20 with scope to skim hub face back to ET25 would appeal to the widest group.

I'd be in for 5 off 18x9 ET20 skimable for ET25.
    Cheers
    John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

• Originally posted by JHS View Post
      There is a reason why 99% of people running 9x18" have ET20, its simply because it fits best. ET25 will sit further in, causing a lot more trouble in the spring cup area. Look at my post in between all the measurements in the other thread... If you get them made in ET25 I'm pretty sure most would need a 5mm spacer at the front in addition to modifying spring cup (unless using coilovers).
      Can you post up some pics of your ET20's;
      * Full lock inner guard at the rear of the wheel
      * Arch liner at the front with wheel turned

Yes Koni's are a basket case with many wheels
      I see your issue with coilovers
      OEM spring seat height looks useable to me, do you have pics showing otherwise ?
      Cheers
      John

Comment

• I will have my designer go for Johns suggestion for now: 9x18 inch ET20 skimmable to ET25.

Question to John & others who want to skim to ET25: do large brakes still need to fit with ET25 ? Because if this is not the case, it would give us about 5mm deeper dish possibility.

Updated list: 41 of us who want a set (and maybe +3 if super big brakes will fit, which is not likely unfortunately)
        • abes36
        • Adamski
        • B4RLO
        • Barney Gumble
        • b0bbyb0y
        • broome
        • cossey man75
        • cossyking
        • Cossieboy599
        • Cossiemat
        • Dave
        • devil (set of 5)
        • frst silver
        • Fizziani
        • georgie1
        • grcossie
        • Harryrs
        • Jamie Young (set of 5)
        • Koo (set of 5)
        • KR54321 (check if RS6 8-pots will fit, I'm afraid not...)
        • L953LNE
        • Manoj
        • Mark B (set of 5)
        • Mark Barber
        • Mark King (if 378mm brakes with 5555s will fit, likely not)
        • mart-rs
        • miggs cosworth
        • mikedaf2
        • normink
        • nbb397
        • nuts
        • ossie cossie (5 shipped directly to ossieland)
        • POLARIS ESCOS
        • rs slim
        • rscosworthman (set of 5)
        • scotram
        • sebbo
        • SHaDoWLanDZ
        • so cossie
        • Spiritof’76 (only if we get 378 brakes to fit, and I'm afraid not...)
        • Steve mr375
        • Stu
        • Thombs
        • Wobbers

Product spec:
        • Set of 4 wheels including centercaps w/o ford logo
        • Design same as previous 18 inch but deeper dish (as far as possible)
        • 18 x 9 inch ET 20, skimmable to ET25
        • Clearance for 362mm 6-pot AP brakes (will try 378mm but I'm afraid....)
        • Ford original aluminum alloy and hardening method
        • Ford original 6-layer paint system, silver metallic
        • Individual quality control per wheel afterwards
        • Target price 700 gbp or less
        • Timing: hopefully 2015, but could easily become early 2016. Quality first.
        Last edited by rscosworthman; 01-09-2015, 06:37:13. Reason: added updated list
        18x9J inch delivered! New (and probably last) batch being produced as we speak - se posts here

Comment

• I have no immediate plans for big brakes. They may be needed at some future point. What rotor sizes and callipers are likely to be supported ?
          Cheers
          John

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark King View Post
            I'll be intrested in a set if they clear 378mm ap's cp 5555 calipers.
            Same here please

Comment

• Good work

I will have a set of 5 at ET20

XYZ Fabrications
              Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

• How much are a set of 5 ?

Comment

• At a guess I'd say around 875 quid Manoj
                  XYZ Fabrications
                  Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

"In terms of converting the interest list below into a definitive list of who of you will receive a set, I leave it up to you guys to arrange it. Pick someone who you trust to sit on 30+ down payments for 4/5 months. Obviously my account is also still an option. Or one of you could setup something like this. As long as I have commitment before I order the mould to be produced early October, I'm fine"

Has this been sorted yet, feel it only fair given the amount of great work RSCosworthman has put in....?or have I missed something...?

Comment

• Originally posted by sebbo View Post

"In terms of converting the interest list below into a definitive list of who of you will receive a set, I leave it up to you guys to arrange it. Pick someone who you trust to sit on 30+ down payments for 4/5 months. Obviously my account is also still an option. Or one of you could setup something like this. As long as I have commitment before I order the mould to be produced early October, I'm fine"

Has this been sorted yet, feel it only fair given the amount of great work RSCosworthman has put in....?or have I missed something...?
                      How's about somebody who everybody knows and have had dealings with?

Comment

• RScosworthman have you given thought to the exchange rate headache.

What do the Chinese want, Renminbi or USD ?

Your in Euro, the members that come to mind here as candidates are in £.

3 or 4% on each currency change.

What currency are you looking for to cover costs, RSCosworthman ?
                        Cheers
                        John

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          At a guess I'd say around 875 quid Manoj
                          That's right - but see conversion into dollars below, better to stick with that.

Originally posted by B4RLO View Post
                          How's about somebody who everybody knows and have had dealings with?
                          That's up to you guys whatever works for you

Originally posted by jsa View Post
                          RScosworthman have you given thought to the exchange rate headache.....
                          .....What currency are you looking for to cover costs, RSCosworthman ?
                          Very good point, thanks. All my dealings with my design freelancer and the chinese manufacturer are in dollars. Only thing in Euro's is my wifes ticket to China, but that's not included in the cost of the wheels, because she would go anyway.

Given the USD/GBP rate at time of the calculation, the wheels will cost around 270USD per piece, i.e. 1340 USD per set.

Originally posted by jsa View Post
                          I have no immediate plans for big brakes. They may be needed at some future point. What rotor sizes and callipers are likely to be supported ?
                          With the extra inch of width (half inch on one side of course), maximum I can do on ET25 'skimmed' is squeezing the 362mm in. On the unskimmed wheel (ET20), we're still trying to get larger ones fitted, but I don't think that's going to work to be honest.

Updated list: 41 of us who want a set (and maybe +4 if super big brakes will fit, which is not likely unfortunately)
                          • abes36
                          • Adamski
                          • B4RLO
                          • Barney Gumble
                          • b0bbyb0y
                          • broome
                          • cossey man75
                          • cossyking
                          • Cossieboy599
                          • Cossiemat
                          • Dave (set of 5)
                          • devil (set of 5)
                          • frst silver
                          • Fizziani
                          • georgie1
                          • grcossie
                          • Harryrs
                          • Jamie Young (set of 5)
                          • Koo (set of 5)
                          • KR54321 (check if RS6 8-pots will fit, I'm afraid not...)
                          • L953LNE
                          • Manoj
                          • Mark B (set of 5)
                          • Mark Barber
                          • Mark King (if 378mm brakes with 5555s will fit, likely not)
                          • mart-rs
                          • miggs cosworth
                          • mikedaf2
                          • normink
                          • nbb397
                          • nats
                          • ossie cossie (5 shipped directly to ossieland)
                          • Paul V (only if AP 5555s with 378mm brakes can be fitted)
                          • POLARIS ESCOS
                          • rs slim
                          • rscosworthman (set of 5)
                          • scotram
                          • sebbo
                          • SHaDoWLanDZ
                          • so cossie
                          • Spiritof’76 (only if we get 378 brakes to fit, and I'm afraid not...)
                          • Steve mr375
                          • Stu
                          • Thombs
                          • Wobbers

Product spec:
                          • Set of 4 wheels including centercaps w/o ford logo
                          • Design same as previous 18 inch but deeper dish (as far as possible)
                          • 18 x 9 inch ET 20, skimmable to ET25
                          • Clearance for 362mm 6-pot AP brakes (will try 378mm but I'm afraid....)
                          • Ford original aluminum alloy and hardening method
                          • Ford original 6-layer paint system, silver metallic
                          • Individual quality control per wheel afterwards
                          • Target price 700 gbp or less
                          • Timing: hopefully 2015, but could easily become early 2016. Quality first.
                          [/QUOTE]
                          18x9J inch delivered! New (and probably last) batch being produced as we speak - se posts here

Comment

• After all the hard work you have put into this project, I want a set defo

And would be happy to give you a deposit directly rather than deal with a third party
                            Please send your details and I will pay when I get home later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            sigpic

Comment

• 362 would be more than enough for my purposes.

With the way currencies are all over the place in the last week, an USD account for deposits might be lower risk.
                              Cheers
                              John

Comment

• Am i right in thinking Paypal are US based?
                                XYZ Fabrications

Comment

Working...
                                X