How about this one?

Comment

• Perfect thanks Mike.
      Cheers
      John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

• Hi,

Can I please be removed from the list, it's unlikely these wheels will fit over my AP 6 Pot Brakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by manoj View Post
          Hi,

Can I please be removed from the list, it's unlikely these wheels will fit over my AP 6 Pot Brakes.
          Hi Manoj - you're always free to go off the list, but I would wait a few more days if I were you, because we're making some changes to the design that just might allow AP 6pots (and therefore any other big brake basically) to fit.

But I don't want to give false hope here, so we know somewhere this week.
          18x9J inch delivered! New (and probably last) batch being produced as we speak - se posts here

Comment

• All – hereby an update on the 18x9 inch wheel project

In contrast to the deafening silence on this thread, a lot has been done on the 18 inch project over the past few weeks by my team, John/jsa and me. I'm quite happy with the results actually, but far more important for the success of this project, I'm happy to hear your feedback.

Summary: We have now two final wheel designs: 'classic' and 'big brake':
            • Last month some questions were raised about big-brake fitment on the 18 inches
            • To answer these questions, we decided to request your brake details and do a thorough analysis of which brake types fit and which don’t
            • Firstly, we discovered there are over 10 different brake setups among you, impossible to check all of them since not every caliper drawing is available
            • Secondly, we found that the wheel design does allow stock brakes of course, but only allows big brakes with serious (10mm+) offset disc bells or spacers
            • Quite a big bunch of you (15%+) currently drives or aspires to drive large 4/6pots with flat bells, which wouldn’t fit for sure in the November setup
            • Therefore, we came up with the following two design adjustments:
              - We adjusted the current design invisibly to allow* big brakes up to the ‘smaller’ 4 pots from 330mm until 378mm with flat bell, so called ‘VERSION 2 CLASSIC’ of the wheel AND
              - We will offer to produce a second wheel that has a reduced back-side of the spoke, probably* allowing all big brakes up until AP 6 / Brembo 8 pots with 362mm discs and 0 offset bells, so called ‘VERSION 3 BIG BRAKES’ of the wheel. This wheel will be $35 more expensive because of the extra CNC work required and can only get produced if at least 12 sets are ordered.

* Note: I use the word ‘probably’ as I think it is crucial that you test the big brake fitment yourself before you decide to have either set.

Therefore, the long awaited template for wheel fitment of both versions can be found here: cartboard pdf.

Manual for usage
            • Print template on A3, printer settings to ‘100%’ or ‘actual size’
            • Test the printed distances with a ruler
            • Glue the print to a piece of carton
            • Cut the print
              - For version 2: cut it along the red line
              - For version 3: cut it along the red line AND green line
            • Put the template on the hub face of your brake disc and see if it clears the caliper

Visuals:

The first 3 pictures show wheel version 2 'CLASSIC' in its final design. The wheel costs $265, has 13 degrees dish (same as 16 inches, and 3 degrees more than previous 18 inches) and will host some 'smaller' big brakes). Cost will be $265 per piece ex shipment from UK and NL. I guess the majority of you probably wants these, John I and I want these at least:

The next 3 pictures show version 3 'BIG BRAKES' that has a thinner spoke (only at the back of the spoke) to allow for bigger brakes. This version will cost $35 extra totaling $300. Only possible if at least 12 sets are ordered. As you can see on the first picture, the largest AP 6pots brake now fits. The final two images clearly show thinner backside of the spokes.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking: it is less strong as version 2. True, but still well within safety margins (to be proven coming week using Finite Element Analysis)
            Last edited by rscosworthman; 18-12-2015, 19:45:43. Reason: Added another picture of 'v3 Big brakes'
            18x9J inch delivered! New (and probably last) batch being produced as we speak - se posts here

Comment

• very good work boys, they look stunning
              Classic for me, they look far better

sigpic

Comment

• Yeah classic for me also as only got standard brakes

Comment

• Many thanks for all your efforts, they look stunning....

classic for me please.....

Comment

• Wow! Things are certainly taking shape. Classics for me please

Comment

• Looking very nice classic for me please

Comment

• Classic original look so much more better and mine are 4 pot ap brakes so classic for me also please, fantastic effort by the way

Comment

• This is great to hear for everybody, well done

Comment

• Yeah classic for me also as only got standard brakes

Comment

• Stunning, will be Classic for me.
                              Thanks
                              NBB397

Comment

• So when do you think we will get them
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X