ABS Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Sensors

Doing a bit a research, are the front and rear ABS sensor available from Ford anymore, if not what are the alternatives, my fronts a stuck in the hub and the plastic has gone, the rears have come out OK but again the plastic surrounds are not looking good.

Any Advise welcome Cheers.

1. Ben Purnell - Set of 4
    2. Wayne - Set of 4
    3. Mayo RS - Set of 4
    4. Darrenaf - Set of 4
    5 Dave - Set of 4
    6 Devil - Set of 4
    7 Nick02 - Set of 4 x2
    8 Georgie1 - Set of 4
    9 Manoj - Set of 4
    10 The Radman - Set of 4
    11 VBR - Set of 4
    12 Agar - Set of 4
    13 stookay007 - Set of 4
    14 scott_rst - Set of 4
    Last edited by Darrenaf; 20-05-2017, 15:59:14.

I'm after a rear one as we speak ! as my abs light is on and iv been told its my OSR gone !!! mine our the same mate , all the plastic is coming off, to leave just the wires !!! Fordparts uk have told me no "rear" longer available But Ebay have one !!! To the tune of £250 large for one ......:headband: I mean i can cope with cosworth tax ..... but thats taking the piss
    sigpic

Comment

If someone had a contact to get some remade i reckon they would earn a right few quid as theres loads of demand for these.

Comment

Has anybody tried other ones from the Ford range of a similar era

Comment

Scorpio or sapphire 4x4 ones will fit but you need to change the plug, hard to get good ones of those now to.

Comment

Might be wrong, but think the Granada ones can be used if you change the plug end

Comment

Originally posted by normink View Post
              Might be wrong, but think the Granada ones can be used if you change the plug end
              Granada mk3 is also called Scorpio, here they was named Scorpio from 1985, but if I have understood correct, also this was called Granada in uk, only the "frog" was called Scorpio?
              www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Are we certain that the Sierra ones will fit just by changing the plug? I know someone who tried but the ABS light was still coming on on the dash... They said that apparently the impedance on the sensor is different.

Else the sierra ones they fitted might have been shagged too ?!?
                www.acquarossa.com - Radical SR3 rental
                www.RS200.org Admin

Comment

Can someone post some pictures up of the sensors?

I'd be surprised if these are specific Ford sensors? Isn't it a Bosch ABS system? As such they are likely to be Bosch sensors and so probably the same in other manufacturers? Might be slightly different in length or connector?

I'd be happy to look through the 90s catalogue of ABS sensors for Vauxhall if you can get some pics up

Cheers

Comment

They are ATE sensors.
                    Cheers
                    John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

The black outer plastic that holds the alloy sleeve is repairable, I've done mine when I did my resto in 08.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are available as a non genuine part
                        XYZ Fabrications
                        Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

I'm in Cyprus currently and fords here can get them for €230..
                          1995 petrol blue s/t escos

Comment

I hope that's for a set of 4
                            XYZ Fabrications
                            Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

gutting thing is that when we last moved house 12 years ago I binned at least 4 pairs of these, mixtures of fronts and rears that was after giving one set of 4 away.

Wish I'd have kept a few spares now.

Like Dave, i'm sure that non-gen ones can be sourced?

Comment

Working...
                              X