ABS Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Purnell View Post
    As another alternative, how would people feel if we could get the sensors but they would have the wrong connector on them to make them a true plug and play, would people be happy to compromise cutting the existing connector off the loom and crimping another one on to fit the new sensor?
    Hi Ben, I would be happy with this solution, however (and I'm not very knowledgeable on electrics and stuff) the chap that looks after my car has told me that he tried using Sierra sensors and swapped the connector but he found this did not work for him as (according to him) the sensors have different 'impedance'.

Anyone can shed some light on this or was he just using buggered Sierra sensors ?
    www.acquarossa.com - Radical SR3 rental
    www.RS200.org Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Nick02 View Post
      Hi Ben, I would be happy with this solution, however (and I'm not very knowledgeable on electrics and stuff) the chap that looks after my car has told me that he tried using Sierra sensors and swapped the connector but he found this did not work for him as (according to him) the sensors have different 'impedance'.

Anyone can shed some light on this or was he just using buggered Sierra sensors ?

They are the same, only different connector

Comment

ideally I'd like the original connector but thinking about other options.

Geir, do you know how hard or easy the Sierra ones are to come by?

Comment

whats wrong with these slightly different shape but look like they will fit ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Escor...cAAOSwdV1XNg~Q

Comment

Those are fronts not backs.

I may be able to get the connectors to match up to the oe harness.
            Cheers
            John

EsCos - Turning dinosaurs into smiles.

Comment

As far as I'm aware the only difference between fronts and rears is the length
              XYZ Fabrications
              Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                As far as I'm aware the only difference between fronts and rears is the length
                theres a huge difference between the front and rear sensors, the fronts sit about an 25mm down into the hub, the rears about 3 mm, they are not interchangable

Steve

NSSCC 2016 Class B1 Champion
                Mondeo 2.2 Titanium X sport daily driver, xr4x4 cosworth race car
                Matt lewis motorsport supporting my racing in 2016
                Reyland built, mapped by motorsport developments 455BHP
                http://www.mattlewismotorsport.co.uk/

Comment

Ah ok, thanks for pointing that out

That said, I'm sure you could make a front fit quite easily with a simple spacer, if a front was all that you could get that is
                  XYZ Fabrications
                  Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Purnell View Post
                    ideally I'd like the original connector but thinking about other options.

Geir, do you know how hard or easy the Sierra ones are to come by?
                    Hi Ben, it is new ones around, but they are getting harder to find

Comment

It not worry me if the connectors were different i would just splice and solder my old connectors on the new sensor wiring, no problem at all.

cheers.

Comment

Excellent, I'll get back to them tomorrow and see what they say.

Comment

you can swap the connectors, the cable is actually coax like an aerial lead
                          Years ago I bought 4 new esc cos sensors for a tenner each and had to change the plug to fit my saph at the time.
                          strangely I've now got about 20 front a rear sensors in a carrier bag as I have removed the abs from my race car so take them off any hubs I get!
                          Must get round to selling them lol

Steve

NSSCC 2016 Class B1 Champion
                          Mondeo 2.2 Titanium X sport daily driver, xr4x4 cosworth race car
                          Matt lewis motorsport supporting my racing in 2016
                          Reyland built, mapped by motorsport developments 455BHP
                          http://www.mattlewismotorsport.co.uk/

Comment

Will soldering alter the impendence though? Where a crimped on connector wont? I know if the impendece is out it'll trigger the warning light.

Comment

well that's another thing what should the impendence be for both front and rears?

Comment

right message back this morning with some good news, although it doesn't look like it's going to be a quick process
                                The next question I have, who has a perfect working front and rear sensor they will be willing to part with? If you have please let me know

reply below

Hi Ben

We have manged to find a supplier that will develop these however this will take time due to the processes we have to follow.

1.obtain O.E sample

2 take data from O.E sensor
                                3.send to manufacture
                                4 allow time for development
                                5 obtain samples to test against O.E data
                                6 place initial order
                                7 allow time to arrive

This can be a lengthy process i will keep you updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X